• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I made a terrible trade today... RugerP89 for Springfield 1911a1

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Kinda beat up, but very solid! I feel like I commited a crime here! Oh, it's missing the left grip panel, and has some dings in the slide from someone being rough with tools trying to tear it down... :(

Thing had been living uncared for on a boat for some years, and I cleaned and lubed it. Offered to trade the guy my P89 for the springfield as he said "I like 9's" :lol:

Well, he has a 9 and I have a springfield! WooHoo!

Oh the mag is that shooting star POS. Big deal. I know what I'm doing payday!

PavePusher

imported post

You, sir, are an amoral thief who has taken advantage of an obviously confused, troubled and ignorant person. The only way you could make amends is by shipping that SA immediatly to me, via my FFL at..... Aww heck, I can't even keep a straight face while I'm typing this. Worth a try, eh? But seriously, good trade, hope it shoots well for you.

Patch

imported post

Picked me up an SA 1911 couple weeks back off of Craig's List. Swapped a PC for it. Guy had it for awhile just laying n the original box in the closet. Had only 14 rounds through it and he had decided it was too big so bought something smaller.

No wear, no dings, no nothing...........

Thought it was just a great trae myself!!!!!!

Bear 45/70

imported post

So Steve, You gonna give it to me so I can slick and trick it up and then sell it back to you nice and cheap for $1000?
roflmao1.gif

Oh yeah!
nopics.gif
Besides you already said you would.
45ACP1911.gif
missingteeth.gif

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Why I'll do you one better Fred, I wouldn't dream of trading it to you for that tricked out 10/22 without giving you the chance to buy it back for $1500!

I'll get pics up today. It's a kind of sad looking gun, mistreated and banged up a bit, but nothing a little TLC won't cure!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Patch wrote:
Picked me up an SA 1911 couple weeks back off of Craig's List. Swapped a PC for it. Guy had it for awhile just laying n the original box in the closet. Had only 14 rounds through it and he had decided it was too big so bought something smaller.

No wear, no dings, no nothing...........

Thought it was just a great trae myself!!!!!!
Awesome! What was the PC?

Patch

imported post

An HP 3gig processor, 1 gig ram, mediocre video card, mediocre dvd burner........nothing fancy.....through in a 17 inch flat screen to be nice.......

I think i got the better deal since I have a ton of PCs sitting arround LOL

Bear 45/70

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Why I'll do you one better Fred, I wouldn't dream of trading it to you for that tricked out 10/22 without giving you the chance to buy it back for $1500!

I'll get pics up today. It's a kind of sad looking gun, mistreated and banged up a bit, but nothing a little TLC won't cure!
Sad looking huh? Then it will feel right at home on your hip.
happy0198.gif

uncoolperson

imported post

sorta almost on topic

I traded a S&W SW9VE (i picked it up for $225) for this

(that was my first day owning it..)

then i turned it into this (lift, tires, weber, lights, dents, sawzall, etc..)

and now i'm selling the parts (RIP) to get a sharkskin belt and holster for my short 1911