• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 9mm...good OC?

Godscreation

imported post

I am 22 yrs old, live in Huntersville, NC and am SOMEWHAT new at this gun stuff, but I think now a days with so many cell phones in holsters and clips now is a great time to start OCing everywhere. If you have a smaller gun such as a glock 26 or something like that; so much better. I am going to buy a glock 19 and OC with it. I am seriously thinking about NOT getting a CCW permit because I don't think the gov. should tell me what to do, but I might have to eventually. While I know the glock 19 is a good CC weapon, you think I can get away with OC? It seems small enough that at first glance it could be a cell phone which means the sheeple might not get as upset.

redhatchbox

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
I am 22 yrs old, live in Huntersville, NC and am SOMEWHAT new at this gun stuff, but I think now a days with so many cell phones in holsters and clips now is a great time to start OCing everywhere. If you have a smaller gun such as a glock 26 or something like that; so much better. I am going to buy a glock 19 and OC with it. I am seriously thinking about NOT getting a CCW permit because I don't think the gov. should tell me what to do, but I might have to eventually. While I know the glock 19 is a good CC weapon, you think I can get away with OC? It seems small enough that at first glance it could be a cell phone which means the sheeple might not get as upset.
Sure, why not.. OC it!

I agree with you on the CC permit.. they want to know TOO much information. Sorry, I don't want big brother tracking everything I do!

pipeman

imported post

I like toOC acompact any time I know I will be around a large group of people for any extended time, just to avoid the 911 calls:what:. But out of all my carry guns I actually prefer toOC my model 65 Taurus with a 4" barrel. I don't venture into Charlotte much but around Union County I don't get any more reaction with it than a compact. As far as the CCW.....to hell with it I CAN OC FOR FREE!:celebrate

Godscreation

imported post

Stopped at Hyatt Gun shop http://www.hyattguns.com/ today. Held a Glock 19 in my hands and could have cried it felt so good. My hands gripped it perfectly and I put on layaway till my PURCHASE permit comes in. Note for those who go to hyatt gun shop:

It is not in a good neighborhood. When I first showed up with my brother (who is LEO) there were bars on all the stores in the plaza and a sign in front of Hyatt that said "Leave all belongings out of sight in your vehicle".

Hyatt closes at 6pm before it gets dark. As we were getting out of the car we noticed 4 black males (looked like hoodlums from MTV) walk like rappers into Hyatt. As we came in they were looking at the "assault weapons". They later left and then I felt more at ease. All the store employess OC. I asked them about OCing and they said even though they have CCW they open carry to let folks know they mean business. They really liked my brother and me and seemed like awesome folks. They said they are the only store in the plaza and neighborhood that is NOT a victim of armed robbery (makes sense).

One man said the grayest law in in the NC book is "armed for the terror of the public"

Another man said Glock 19 is cheaply made with cheap parts and is the most durable gun on the planet (he laughed afterwards.)

They said Sheriff Pentgraph (Sic) visited them one time while they had tons of weapons laying on the counter. The employees started walking to another part of the store and Mr. Pentgraph said "Hey, your not going to leave those there are you?" They replied while patting their OC guns, "hehe let em try, they won't get far!" Mr. Pentgraph looked away and said "don't give that crap!" I smiled and the guys who were there started laughing remembering the incident.

Conclusion and moral:
Glock 19 is being held for me. The folks at Hyatt are way cooler than the folks at Gander Mountain in Mooresville.

rdinatal

imported post

Hyatt's shop is a place where you need to know the local prices. I've picked up some good deals and onepurchase of a 870 police shotgun, wood stock, rifle sights (never saw one like it) at a good price. Most of the time they arehigh priced.

Hold off till the show this weekend to get prices, then go back If you see something in particular, talk to Larry the owner, forthe best deal.

-R

burninsteeda04

imported post

Actually hyatt's gun shop was robbed in early 80s and guy came in weilding a gun, larry hyatts son came around the corner and shot the robber in the head clean kill. All the cops congragulated him. I will tell you this, it is very over priced, however these guys know there shit.

Carolina40

imported post

I've been going to Hyatt for a few years now, they do know their stuff -- crowded as hell on Saturdays (closed on Sundays).

Have dealt with them in a variety of ways: straight purchases, FFL transfers and sold a few items there (both to them direct as well as on consignment).

re: prices, yes, but when compared to the level of service vs. Bass Pro (in addition to availability, etc.) it's a no-brainer -- again, they know their stuff and while they are in it to make a $, I have yet to get the hard sell from them. They treat you right the first time because they know you will come back.

re: neighborhood -- scary is an understatement. If there was ever a case for OC, that neighborhood is it...

my $0.02

burninsteeda04

imported post

that neighborhood is crack city. its sad when the car sale lot is built better than a prison

Godscreation

imported post

I promised my mother I would not go to Hyatt alone. She is scared for my safety. Maybe when get my glock I'll pay them a visit solo, but then again, you shouldn't go places armed if you wouldn't go if you were unarmed.