• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill to Strip VA Colleges of Public Funds for Not Allowing CC

Xeni

imported post

[align=left]
I've been tooling this idea in my mind for a few days and I wrote this to Del. Frederick to see his take on it. To be honest, I'm not very familiar with crafting a bill but I think the idea is solid. Anyone have any suggestions for reading material on drafting a bill to strip college campuses of public funding for now allowing CC on campus?

Wish me luck!

-Xeni

Mr.--/

Thanks for writing -- good to hear from you again. Please call me Jeff.

I appreciate the suggestion. As you know, I'm a strong supporter of legislation to permit conceal carry permit holders to carry on campuses in Virginia. Your idea is actually already in the works. I know of at least two of my House colleagues that are pursuing this, and I'm supporting their efforts.

Again, thanks for your note. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to serve you better.

-JMF.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
Jeffrey M. Frederick
House of Delegates | Fifty-Second District
Commonwealth of Virginia

[url]http://va52.com[/url] | [url]http://votejeff.com[/url]
delegate@va52.com | jeff@votejeff.com
[/align]

[align=left]

[/align]
[align=left]From: [/align]
[align=left]Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:15 PM
To: jfrederick@va52.com
Subject: Proposal for a Bill for next session

[/align]

Delegate Frederick,

I would like to work with you and your staff for drafting a bill nextsession to strip state funding from any college or university in Virginia that doesn't allow students with permits to carry concealed weapons on campus.

Where schools have rejected military recruiters and were threatened with the loss of public funding they came around and allowed recruiters back on campus. It is my belief that in doing so schools will be pressured to either go without public funding and run their operations as private property where they can choose to not allow permit holders on campus or allow lawful permitted students on campus to maintain their public funding.

While I believe this bill will be controversial, I would like to have you present such a bill so that atleast dialogue can occur.

I look forward to hearing from you,​

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Xeni wrote:
[align=left]
I've been tooling this idea in my mind for a few days and I wrote this to Del. Frederick to see his take on it. To be honest, I'm not very familiar with crafting a bill but I think the idea is solid. Anyone have any suggestions for reading material on drafting a bill to strip college campuses of public funding for now allowing CC on campus?

Wish me luck!

-Xeni

Mr.--/

Thanks for writing -- good to hear from you again. Please call me Jeff.

I appreciate the suggestion. As you know, I'm a strong supporter of legislation to permit conceal carry permit holders to carry on campuses in Virginia. Your idea is actually already in the works. I know of at least two of my House colleagues that are pursuing this, and I'm supporting their efforts.

Again, thanks for your note. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to serve you better.

-JMF.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'
Jeffrey M. Frederick
House of Delegates | Fifty-Second District
Commonwealth of Virginia

[url]http://va52.com[/url] | [url]http://votejeff.com[/url]
delegate@va52.com | jeff@votejeff.com
[/align]

[align=left]

[/align]

[align=left]From: [/align]

[align=left]Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:15 PM
To: jfrederick@va52.com
Subject: Proposal for a Bill for next session

[/align]

Delegate Frederick,

I would like to work with you and your staff for drafting a bill nextsession to strip state funding from any college or university in Virginia that doesn't allow students with permits to carry concealed weapons on campus.

Where schools have rejected military recruiters and were threatened with the loss of public funding they came around and allowed recruiters back on campus. It is my belief that in doing so schools will be pressured to either go without public funding and run their operations as private property where they can choose to not allow permit holders on campus or allow lawful permitted students on campus to maintain their public funding.

While I believe this bill will be controversial, I would like to have you present such a bill so that atleast dialogue can occur.

I look forward to hearing from you,​
That is GREAT. Sounds like a winner to me:celebrate

mpg9999

imported post

If you're not already a member, you may want to look into joining students for concealed carry on campus. The website is www.concealedcampus.com If you have a membership on facebook you can join through that. If you are currently in college check to see if theres a chapter at your school.