Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Shooting Range In Richmond Robbed

Post imported post

Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond just got robbed early this morning. No one was in the store at the time.

They got away with pistols and some long guns. One firearm was a class III. I believe it was a shotgun.

The alarm didn't sound for some reason. The news said they have had problems with the alarm before.

Domion Shooting Range is about 150 Yards acrossfrom State Police Headquarters and not to far from a Chesterfield County Police Precinct.

I will post a link if I can find one.

"These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Hope you find the link.

Not a good thing if the alarm was not working properly.
    It just goes to show you that the police cannot be everywhere that they are needed - even only 150 yards away is too far to do any good.

It's a shame, these are good guys that try to do things right.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Wow that sucks I have a membership and they have always treated me and my family well. Keep us posted as the story develops.

Post imported post

Hi folks not a good way to say hello but i had to jump in when i saw this!
    :what:Woah i just moved from Richmond to Va beach and dominion was my range! That sucks bad !Im glad no ones hurt but you can bet if theyd have been there it wouldnt of been the same situation,i know all those guys and they all carry in the shop all day long!
    ~The path to enlightenment is often filled with the bodies of the ignorant~

Post imported post

readyfire wrote:
    Hi folks not a good way to say hello but i had to jump in when i saw this!
    :what:Woah i just moved from Richmond to Va beach and dominion was my range! That sucks bad !Im glad no ones hurt but you can bet if theyd have been there it wouldnt of been the same situation,i know all those guys and they all carry in the shop all day long!
    Welcome to the group readyfire.

Post imported post

Thanks sleepless!Nice to be here!
    ~The path to enlightenment is often filled with the bodies of the ignorant~

Post imported post

Ummmm... a burglary is not a robbery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbery

Post imported post

Well they did just hire on a new guy...

Inside job comes to mind. But it probably has nothing to do with it, just a thought.

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:

Inside job comes to mind. But it probably has nothing to do with it, just a thought.
    I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing (not about the new guy) that it was either a. inside job or b. someone who is there often. Its interesting that the alarm did not go off. I know it was said that they had issues with it I wonder who else knew that the alarm was problematic.

Post imported post

Yeah, because I already knew that the alarm was having problems, I wonder who else they told about the alarm and if that could of caused it.

I mean, if you know the alarm isnt going to work some place, expecially when they have thousands of dollars worth of weapons......

Think about it.

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
    Yeah, because I already knew that the alarm was having problems, I wonder who else they told about the alarm and if that could of caused it.

I mean, if you know the alarm isnt going to work some place, expecially when they have thousands of dollars worth of weapons......

Think about it.
    Yep thats what I was thinking.

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

No employees present = burglary. A robbery needs a victim to be there being told to "give it up!"

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

No employees present = burglary. A robbery needs a victim to be there being told to "give it up!"
    So paying my taxes is a robbery. But when they take the penalties out of my account without my knowledge because I haven't paid them, that's a burglary?

Post imported post

WOW...sorry to hear that. its been years since I've been there but thats a very nice place. I hope they catch the people that done this injustice.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

So paying my taxes is a robbery. But when they take the penalties out of my account without my knowledge because I haven't paid them, that's a burglary?
    Yes... We have been getting robbed for years!!!!

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

Yeah, should I call 911? :what:

Post imported post

smccomas wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

Yeah, should I call 911? :what:
    That would be an interesting call. Let us know what they say in response.....:^).

Post imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:

The guys at Dominion are my friends, and even though I don't work at Dominion but in the same field, I'm somewhat offended by that comment.

Post imported post

W.E.G. wrote:

I'm sure thefirst think most people say when they are burglarized is, "We've been burglarized". Not, We've been robbed! Insert a few expletives here and there. Who cares?

They place got robbed. The end.

Here's a link. http://www.wtvr.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=0hBe
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."

Post imported post

I'm somewhat offended by that comment.
    There are nanny stater forums out there, maybe you should hang around them. If your wife or girlfriend gets murdered, who do you think the first suspect is? You! When an armored car gets robbed, the drivers are the first suspects, provided they all didn't get wacked in the hold up.

I don't know how many guns the range may have in the cases but 2 dozen isn't a lot if you know the alarm is not working.

In part, the owner can blame himself for not getting it fixed and it didn't sound like there was much of an obstacle to gain entry.

That being said; even if the alarm was working, it doesn't take long to snatch 2 dozen guns and get out of there.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Afew shops in LV had cars driven through the front doors and all or most of the inventory that was left out was stolen.

The shops I've worked at inLV didn't leave any firearms out, they all go into the safes.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    KnightSG7 wrote:

The guys at Dominion are my friends, and even though I don't work at Dominion but in the same field, I'm somewhat offended by that comment.
    Yeah I understand where you are coming from, That being said youhave to look at it from all angles I like the people that work there if I didn't then I would not give them my money. Something like this you have to look at everyone not just current employees former employees, also did anyone leave the company on bad terms?

Also issues with the alarm system, was it ever discussed with a customer even in passing. Some things to think about.

Post imported post

Spectre wrote:
    KnightSG7 wrote:

Nothing to be offended about. There are people from all over who are on these forums and very few even know these people let alone are friends with them. We are just talking about these things and offering thoughts based on what information each of us has. That you have personal information about the situation and the employees is helpful to us in understanding the situation.

Instead of being offended by speculation why not just say something like: I am friends with all the employees there and familiar with the business and it's operation and am confident that "inside job" is not an issue in this case.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Dominion charges $8 for the range fee, plus $18.95 for 50 rounds of 40 s&w ball ammo

That about $30 with taxes folks, I'd call that robbery.

Post imported post

Here is another link with video.

http://www.wric.com/Global/story.asp?S=8059764

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast