• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dominion Shooting Range In Richmond Robbed

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dominion Shooting Range in Richmond just got robbed early this morning. No one was in the store at the time.

They got away with pistols and some long guns. One firearm was a class III. I believe it was a shotgun.

The alarm didn't sound for some reason. The news said they have had problems with the alarm before.

Domion Shooting Range is about 150 Yards acrossfrom State Police Headquarters and not to far from a Chesterfield County Police Precinct.

I will post a link if I can find one.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hope you find the link.

Not a good thing if the alarm was not working properly.
It just goes to show you that the police cannot be everywhere that they are needed - even only 150 yards away is too far to do any good.

It's a shame, these are good guys that try to do things right.

Yata hey

readyfire

imported post

Hi folks not a good way to say hello but i had to jump in when i saw this!
:what:Woah i just moved from Richmond to Va beach and dominion was my range! That sucks bad !Im glad no ones hurt but you can bet if theyd have been there it wouldnt of been the same situation,i know all those guys and they all carry in the shop all day long!

Sleepless

imported post

readyfire wrote:
Hi folks not a good way to say hello but i had to jump in when i saw this!
:what:Woah i just moved from Richmond to Va beach and dominion was my range! That sucks bad !Im glad no ones hurt but you can bet if theyd have been there it wouldnt of been the same situation,i know all those guys and they all carry in the shop all day long!
Welcome to the group readyfire.

smccomas

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Well they did just hire on a new guy...

Inside job comes to mind. But it probably has nothing to do with it, just a thought.
I hate to say it but I was thinking the same thing (not about the new guy) that it was either a. inside job or b. someone who is there often. Its interesting that the alarm did not go off. I know it was said that they had issues with it I wonder who else knew that the alarm was problematic.

KnightSG7

imported post

Yeah, because I already knew that the alarm was having problems, I wonder who else they told about the alarm and if that could of caused it.

I mean, if you know the alarm isnt going to work some place, expecially when they have thousands of dollars worth of weapons......

Think about it.

smccomas

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Yeah, because I already knew that the alarm was having problems, I wonder who else they told about the alarm and if that could of caused it.

I mean, if you know the alarm isnt going to work some place, expecially when they have thousands of dollars worth of weapons......

Think about it.
Yep thats what I was thinking.

Neplusultra

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:
Ummmm... a burglary is not a robbery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbery
Agreed...

No employees present = burglary. A robbery needs a victim to be there being told to "give it up!" :D
So paying my taxes is a robbery. But when they take the penalties out of my account without my knowledge because I haven't paid them, that's a burglary?

LEO 229

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

No employees present = burglary. A robbery needs a victim to be there being told to "give it up!" :D
So paying my taxes is a robbery. But when they take the penalties out of my account without my knowledge because I haven't paid them, that's a burglary?
Yes... We have been getting robbed for years!!!!

smccomas

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

Yeah, should I call 911? :what:

Neplusultra

imported post

smccomas wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
W.E.G. wrote:

Agreed...

Yeah, should I call 911? :what:

That would be an interesting call. Let us know what they say in response.....:^).

Spectre

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
Well they did just hire on a new guy...

Inside job comes to mind. But it probably has nothing to do with it, just a thought.
The guys at Dominion are my friends, and even though I don't work at Dominion but in the same field, I'm somewhat offended by that comment.

VAopencarry

imported post

I'm somewhat offended by that comment.

There are nanny stater forums out there, maybe you should hang around them. If your wife or girlfriend gets murdered, who do you think the first suspect is? You! When an armored car gets robbed, the drivers are the first suspects, provided they all didn't get wacked in the hold up.

I don't know how many guns the range may have in the cases but 2 dozen isn't a lot if you know the alarm is not working.

In part, the owner can blame himself for not getting it fixed and it didn't sound like there was much of an obstacle to gain entry.

That being said; even if the alarm was working, it doesn't take long to snatch 2 dozen guns and get out of there.