• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you doing your part and OCing while dining in Sen. Salsaw's district

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

UPDATE, 26 MAR 08: Video proof of open carry of handguns in restaurants which serve alcohol in Sen. Saslaw's district! See http://www.vcdl.org/media/TV_032008.wmv.

--
Here's the district folks - if you are eating out in Northern Virginia, try to eat and carry here: http://dlsgis.state.va.us/Senate/2001PDFs/35all.pdf.

Post photos in this thread to school Dick that real peopledo eat food while carrying guns - maybe this will help him speak accurately on the Senate floor next time.

Attachments

• Eat and carry in Dicks district.ppt.ppt
    136 KB · Views: 432

nova

mlands

imported post

This might be a little off topic butI am also a member of the USCCA (United States Concealed CarryAssociation) and they have a contest to try and sign up others. Well I just added Governor Kaine's nameso he'll be getting an email to join the USCCA.

mobeewan

imported post

I may be taking my Travel Trailer to Winchester to the factory where it was built in order to get some parts I need for some custom mods I am trying to do. I towed it up last July for some warranty work and took I95 to Rt17 to I66 to I81 on the way up, then back the way a came and was traveling light since I dropped it off and went back to get it a week later. Wasn't looking to do it, but this time I can swing back through Fairfax on the way home for a nice dinner and maybe an overnight with a good breakfast. What is Rt 7 & 267 like btwn Winchester and FF or Rt 17 btwn I66 and FF. I have a 28-1/2 ft, 6000 lb (loaded) trailer, towing with a 2003 Silverado ex cab 4x4 with 5.3L. With the trailer and loaded truck bed I will be close to my max GCVWR. It's going to cost me at least 2 to 2-1/2 tanks of gas for the round trip as it is so I don't need any steep hills or start and stop traffic.

Olivers_AR

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
What is Rt 7 & 267 like btwn Winchester and FF or Rt 17 btwn I66 and FF. I don't need any steep hills or start and stop traffic.

Rt 7 in from Winchester is fairly stop and go outside Leesburg in the mornings and evenings with at least one hill about 1/2 way there. That being said, trucks run up and down that road all day long.

Rt 267, what is commonly known as the Greenway and Tollroad is another matter. Coming into town is usually a parking lot inbound the mornings and outbound in the evenings. During other times its passable, but its a tollroad in a fairly suburban area. Assuming that your headed south down 495 to 95, can be fairly interesting until you get to rt 17, which I assume that your familiar with the traffic from there.

--Olivers_AR

mpg9999

imported post

Mike wrote:
UPDATE, 26 MAR 08: Video proof of open carry of handguns in restaurants which serve alcohol in Sen. Saslaw's district! See http://www.vcdl.org/media/TV_032008.wmv.

--
Here's the district folks - if you are eating out in Northern Virginia, try to eat and carry here: http://dlsgis.state.va.us/Senate/2001PDFs/35all.pdf.

Post photos in this thread to school Dick that real peopledo eat food while carrying guns - maybe this will help him speak accurately on the Senate floor next time.
The link to the district doesn't work.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
Mike wrote:

--

works fine for me using Internet Explorer.

mpg9999

imported post

Mike wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
Mike wrote:

--

works fine for me using Internet Explorer.

Thats odd, it didnt work for me yesterday on my computer at home, and it didnt work at a school computer this afternoon. It seems to be working fine now though. Must have been down earlier.

Looks like my parents live just barely outside his district. Shouldn't be to hard to eat in his district while him home visiting. Thanks for the info.

nova

imported post

While we're on the topic of Saslaw, I just figured I'd post here how I get a good laugh everytime in the VA-ALERT he is referred to as Dick "banjo" Saslaw :lol:

mobeewan

imported post

Olivers_AR wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
What is Rt 7 & 267 like btwn Winchester and FF or Rt 17 btwn I66 and FF. I don't need any steep hills or start and stop traffic.

Rt 7 in from Winchester is fairly stop and go outside Leesburg in the mornings and evenings with at least one hill about 1/2 way there. That being said, trucks run up and down that road all day long.

Rt 267, what is commonly known as the Greenway and Tollroad is another matter. Coming into town is usually a parking lot inbound the mornings and outbound in the evenings. During other times its passable, but its a tollroad in a fairly suburban area. Assuming that your headed south down 495 to 95, can be fairly interesting until you get to rt 17, which I assume that your familiar with the traffic from there.

--Olivers_AR

I go to Fredericksburg/Culpepper 2 times a year in May. I've only been north of Fredericksburg 2 times in the last 20 years and that was last July. Both times I went to Winchester on Sunday afternoon and headed back around noon on Monday.

W.E.G.

imported post

Map of District 35

I think it would be neat to post this map with a bunch of red dots indicating all the places we've OC'd in restaurants.

saslawsmap.gif

casullshooter

imported post

mobeewan wrote:
I may be taking my Travel Trailer to Winchester to the factory where it was built in order to get some parts I need for some custom mods I am trying to do. I towed it up last July for some warranty work and took I95 to Rt17 to I66 to I81 on the way up, then back the way a came and was traveling light since I dropped it off and went back to get it a week later. Wasn't looking to do it, but this time I can swing back through Fairfax on the way home for a nice dinner and maybe an overnight with a good breakfast. What is Rt 7 & 267 like btwn Winchester and FF or Rt 17 btwn I66 and FF. I have a 28-1/2 ft, 6000 lb (loaded) trailer, towing with a 2003 Silverado ex cab 4x4 with 5.3L. With the trailer and loaded truck bed I will be close to my max GCVWR. It's going to cost me at least 2 to 2-1/2 tanks of gas for the round trip as it is so I don't need any steep hills or start and stop traffic.
Considering what you will be driving, stick to I-66 to come into Fairfax. For more towing power if you are a Chevy fan, switch to the Duramax Diesel the difference is tremendous.

Lthrnck

imported post

You know guys, I'm not from VA. But maybe if show him this picture, he might call our Gov. and talk to him. Our Gov.doesn't seem to have any problems shaking my hand in a city park.

This was our annual Party in the Park. The Gov.. was our keynote speaker that day. He was probably the safest Gov in the country that day. At any given time there was probably close to 100 armed citizens carrying their sidearms in a Concealed or Open mode.

I got this picture with him after he gave his speech. That's my Beretta 92FS, fully loaded and ready to go. We also had a state rep. from Cleveland that day speaking.

Attachments

• Me and the Gov.jpg
    Me and the Gov.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,295

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
You know guys, I'm not from VA. But maybe if show him this picture, he might call our Gov. and talk to him. Our Gov.doesn't seem to have any problems shaking my hand in a city park.

This was our annual Party in the Park. The Gov.. was our keynote speaker that day. He was probably the safest Gov in the country that day. At any given time there was probably close to 100 armed citizens carrying their sidearms in a Concealed or Open mode.

I got this picture with him after he gave his speech. That's my Beretta 92FS, fully loaded and ready to go. We also had a state rep. from Cleveland that day speaking.
You guys in Ohio have done a great job in bringing that state around! I remember how excited I was when Ohio got it's first concealed carry law, even with all the warts it had!

Lthrnck

imported post

Thank you.

We got some of those warts removed last March, with HB347 passing. Looking to get a few more removed this year, so we keep trying.