• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you doing your part and OCing while dining in Sen. Salsaw's district

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
Thank you.

We got some of those warts removed last March, with HB347 passing. Looking to get a few more removed this year, so we keep trying.
Yeah - we have our own warts - the restaurant ban is the biggest. College carry and K-12 carry are on the list, too.

Neplusultra

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:
You know guys, I'm not from VA. But maybe if show him this picture, he might call our Gov. and talk to him. Our Gov.doesn't seem to have any problems shaking my hand in a city park.

This was our annual Party in the Park. The Gov.. was our keynote speaker that day. He was probably the safest Gov in the country that day. At any given time there was probably close to 100 armed citizens carrying their sidearms in a Concealed or Open mode.

I got this picture with him after he gave his speech. That's my Beretta 92FS, fully loaded and ready to go. We also had a state rep. from Cleveland that day speaking.
(Edited comment on guns in the close proximity to elected officials). Ultimately the fear of guns is a fear (irrational fear) of people. It is really great to see the Governor and the people trust each other in Ohio! Hey Phillip, can we have a Party in the Park too and invite Governor Kaine to speak?????? I'll drive anywhere in the state for that! I'd like to shake his hand and get my own photo :^). It'd be a great get together for all the OCers and VCDL members.

Boat Guy

imported post

ed wrote:
Party of 14 OCing at a NoVA restaurant for dinner tonight.  No Comments from anyone.. No issues.

A very nice dinner it was, I was pleased to meet several of the cognoscenti. Nice group.
Marco: found another 10mm guy at this dinner. He wasn't carrying a 10 but noticed mine and said he had one he really likes

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Boat Guy Sr wrote:
ed wrote:
Party of 14 OCing at a NoVA restaurant for dinner tonight. No Comments from anyone.. No issues.

A very nice dinner it was, I was pleased to meet several of the cognoscenti. Nice group.
Marco: found another 10mm guy at this dinner. He wasn't carrying a 10 but noticed mine and said he had one he really likes
Yeah.. I have a Colt Delta Elite. :)

Ed

Lthrnck

imported post

I know what you mean Phillip... you get rid of one and another trys to infest you someplace else.

We just have to be aware, at all times, and keep getting those nasty warts removed as we see them.

Harper1227

imported post

Hi. i'm new to this site and was just looking for the next OC meetup in Fairfax county.

I don't have any pictures but my husband and I OC in FFC all the time without much fuss. Occassionally we get interesting looks and have been asked to leave Springfield mall, but never any resturants. Specifically we go to Red Lobster, Outback, and a few others over by Potomac mills often and have never had any problems and have certainly never been asked to leave. We did have a customer at On the Border try to mistakenly instruct my husband to conceal his SIG one time.

But, I digress...

When is the next OC lunch/event?

Thanks

Michelle

bohdi

imported post

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find alot of interesting things to talk about here. Been some mention about a Reston meet up but it's not really gone anywhere. Suggest next time your out and about to snap a pic or two and post, join the fight! :D

Harper1227

imported post

Thanks! Ill definitely snap a pic with my phone next time. let me know if you hear any more about a meetup.

ufcfanvt

imported post

ed wrote:
Boat Guy Sr wrote:
ed wrote:
Party of 14 OCing at a NoVA restaurant for dinner tonight. No Comments from anyone.. No issues.

Yeah.. I have a Colt Delta Elite. :)

Ed
My GF and I had a great time guys. I hope to see you all in the future soon. Drop by the VCDL booth at the Chantilly Show on Friday April 11th. I'll be volunteering.

nova

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
Hi. i'm new to this site and was just looking for the next OC meetup in Fairfax county.

I don't have any pictures but my husband and I OC in FFC all the time without much fuss. Occassionally we get interesting looks and have been asked to leave Springfield mall, but never any resturants. Specifically we go to Red Lobster, Outback, and a few others over by Potomac mills often and have never had any problems and have certainly never been asked to leave. We did have a customer at On the Border try to mistakenly instruct my husband to conceal his SIG one time.

But, I digress...

Thanks

Michelle
I'm looking forward to the next FFX meet...I'm going to try my hardest to make it if I can for once :?
But I can bet that I'd be the youngest OCer attending for sure

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:

But, I digress...

Thanks

Michelle
Welcome, Michelle. It's good to have a few more women here!

I've never been asked to leave Springfield mall, and I've OC'd there quite a bit. I know others who have been asked to leave. I wonder why that is?

I suspect part of it is that I usually have my handicapped son with me, and he gets much more attention than my .380, but that's just a guess.

Harper1227

imported post

hey Tess, I dont think ive actually met another female that OCs. we should get together and get our nails done -LOL. Actually I think you may have met my husband at the manassas city council meeting re: tony's pizza. He recalls talking with you briefly. he was the strikingly handsome gentlemanwearing a gun :D. really though, if you know of any upcoming events please let us know. his tag is JasonRogers.

thanks for the welcome

michelle

:celebrate

Marco

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Yes he is, I know him personally and you would find him more up to date and knowledgeable about guns and gun rights than most people anywhere/anytime/any color.
Boat Guy Sr wrote:
found another 10mm guy at this dinner.
SorryI missed it.

These two post warm my heart.

I praise VCDL to all that will listen.
Who would have thought a G20 carried openly would be a conversation starter for gun and individual rights.

nova wrote:
If it will make you feel better I'll tell people I'm only 19.;)
I could bring my kids and they can OC their Nerf guns.

nova

imported post

nova wrote:
If it will make you feel better I'll tell people I'm only 19.;)
I could bring my kids and they can OC their Nerf guns.
haha now that would make a great pic for saslaw! :celebrate
I just need this April gunshow to come around so I can get that one leather holster for my .45 I foolishly didn't buy last December. If I can't find it there, then there's always cheaperthandirt.com :)