• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you doing your part and OCing while dining in Sen. Salsaw's district

Pointman

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
I could bring my kids and they can OC their Nerf guns.
Ha ha ha ha! That's great. Maybe the Campus Carry group can put Nerf guns in their holsters!

(That obviously would detract from their statement, but I thought it funny. Really, what they need to be doing is writing letters (not e-mails)to their college administrators, local, and state administrators.)

jobpatto

imported post

Good Morning, I just joined USCCA but it won't allow me to sign up anyone else. Do you have a specific link? Thanks!

John

Boat Guy

imported post

nova wrote:
nova wrote:
But I can bet that I'd be the youngest OCer attending for sure
If it will make you feel better I'll tell people I'm only 19.;)
I could bring my kids and they can OC their Nerf guns.
haha now that would make a great pic for saslaw! :celebrate
I just need this April gunshow to come around so I can get that one leather holster for my .45 I foolishly didn't buy last December. If I can't find it there, then there's always cheaperthandirt.com :)

You certainly don't need a gunshow for good leather. Look at Pocket Concealment systems up in Baltimore. Mike does GREAT work!

nova

imported post

Boat Guy Sr wrote:
You certainly don't need a gunshow for good leather. Look at Pocket Concealment systems up in Baltimore. Mike does GREAT work!

Those look very well-crafted for sure (on their site) I'll keep them in mind when deciding :)

Boat Guy

imported post

Been using his stuff for a number of years in some pretty demanding environments. Can't recommend it highly enough.

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

I don't get a lot of opportunities to meet with fellow members and participate in group functions, but I've eaten in restraurants from the Thai Cafe on Eisenhower, Top Golf (even played a round), Radicio's (may be Arlington) and many others from Rosslyn to Warrenton, everyday since Kaine vetoed the bill... I've only been asked one time about the fact that I was carrying a .45 auto on in a Yaqui slider into a restaurant... And then it wasn't confrontational, just curiosity...

There simply isn't public petrification over law abiding citizens carrying a weapon (open or concealed). Sure there are those of minimal mental capacity that short circuit everytime they see a gun... (legal or not)... But by-in-large, if you don't present the image of a "dirt bag" and are simply going about your business with confidence and respect, nobody cares...

Thanks for pushing this fact into the public forum... I'll keep doing may part, and hopefully it will make a difference...

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
Thanks for pushing this fact into the public forum... I'll keep doing may part, and hopefully it will make a difference...

It is called desensitization and yes, it is working. Thanks for participating! :)

casullshooter

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
I haven't seen any reports from the Saslaw outings, the first should have been last weekend, right?
VCDL has requested that no posting or info. be put out until the events are over. After that I am sure you will see much available as to the results.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Before I posted the photo of me at a VCDL lunch in my flag shirt, I checked with Phil and Dave of the VCDL. I then used that same photo and uploded it to www.amazingmail.com which is a post card service I love. I sent a postcard to Saslaw (and sent a copy of it to VCDL) and basically said.. Dear Senator.. here is a photo of me enjoying dinner with friends while Open Carrying. No body ran out of the restaurant screaming and the restaurant thanked me for my business.. I then went on to invited the Senator to dinner (my treat) if he wanted to see this Open Carry first hand... I would take him wherever he wanted to go... I asked him to call me to set it up.. Never heard back from him.

Ed

Here is the "proof" of the postcard if anyone wants to see it: www.flyboyed.com/postcard.pdf

Neplusultra

imported post

ed wrote:
Before I posted the photo of me at a VCDL lunch in my flag shirt, I checked with Phil and Dave of the VCDL. I then used that same photo and uploded it to http://www.amazingmail.com which is a post card service I love. I sent a postcard to Saslaw (and sent a copy of it to VCDL) and basically said.. Dear Senator.. here is a photo of me enjoying dinner with friends while Open Carrying. No body ran out of the restaurant screaming and the restaurant thanked me for my business.. I then went on to invited the Senator to dinner (my treat) if he wanted to see this Open Carry first hand... I would take him wherever he wanted to go... I asked him to call me to set it up.. Never heard back from him.

Ed

Here is the "proof" of the postcard if anyone wants to see it: http://www.flyboyed.com/postcard.pdf
Nice job Ed, although it looks like a restaurant a little below an elitist's taste despite the tablecloth. I think ol' Dick was thinking more of the type of highbrow restaurants he frequents when he made his comment. BTW, it looks like you and your friends are a nice bunch of guys that could really put a bruising on a BG :^).

It'd be interesting to get a photo from someone in a suit and tie/reservation required restaurant :^). But then I'd guess you'd have to CC...hmmm....

Boat Guy

imported post

The restaurant might not be acceptable to an elitist (what would be?) but it was a very nice meal in an area (metro DC) full of mediocre restaurants

ufcfanvt

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
ed wrote:
Before I posted the photo of me at a VCDL lunch in my flag shirt, I checked with Phil and Dave of the VCDL. I then used that same photo and uploded it to http://www.amazingmail.com which is a post card service I love. I sent a postcard to Saslaw (and sent a copy of it to VCDL) and basically said.. Dear Senator.. here is a photo of me enjoying dinner with friends while Open Carrying. No body ran out of the restaurant screaming and the restaurant thanked me for my business.. I then went on to invited the Senator to dinner (my treat) if he wanted to see this Open Carry first hand... I would take him wherever he wanted to go... I asked him to call me to set it up.. Never heard back from him.

Ed

Here is the "proof" of the postcard if anyone wants to see it: http://www.flyboyed.com/postcard.pdf
Nice job Ed, although it looks like a restaurant a little below an elitist's taste despite the tablecloth. I think ol' Dick was thinking more of the type of highbrow restaurants he frequents when he made his comment. BTW, it looks like you and your friends are a nice bunch of guys that could really put a bruising on a BG :^).

It'd be interesting to get a photo from someone in a suit and tie/reservation required restaurant :^). But then I'd guess you'd have to CC...hmmm....
Ed, Thanks for posting that. It's too bad though, my Glock, carried Appendix, was covered by a glass of Ice Tea :(

Boat Guy

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
Ed, Thanks for posting that.  It's too bad though, my Glock, carried Appendix, was covered by a glass of Ice Tea :(
[/quote]

S'OK, the 1911's can be seen as stand-ins for the combat tupperware, though it looks like I'll be wearing an XD next time at that particular venue

Jared

imported post

EDITED BY JOHN: Please refrain from discussing this or posting the pictures until a more "media friendly" time next week ;)

Jared

imported post

ed wrote:
You wish you knew? Everyone in Virginia (and areas close to Virginia) should be signed up for VCDL's alerts. http://www.vcdl.org

Ed

I asked the VCDL rep at the gun show. He didn't know. I asked around before, they said it was filled and couldn't tell me. What else could I have done.

As far as signing up for VCDL, I'm here in Virginiatemporarily. I'm an endowment member of the NRA, AZCDL life member, and vice president of CRALRI. I'm not joining anymore groups, I do quite a bit for the RKBA movement.