• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane OC meeting

surfj9009

imported post

I will be home on April 10th. I'm planning on going to the next lunch on the west side which I believe is going to be the 13th? So any time after that works for me! There is a slight possibilty that I will only have 2 weeks at home this time. But hopefully I will have a 4 week vacation. It's too soon to know for sure. My relief on the ship quit the company, so I may have to stay over or come back early. , let me know what works for you guys. Spokane needs as much OC support as possible!!

surfj9009

imported post

I'll be going to the lunch that's planned on the 13th in the Seattle area. I saw somewhere that that was when it is going to be. How about we shoot for the 19th or 20th for the next one in Spokane?

Anybody reading this from the west side that can confirm the date/place ot city of your next big OC event?

Dave The Welder

imported post

Do we want to consider going over to the main meeting as a group? If we got five people to go, we could really cut down on gas expenses per person. Also, I'll be in Spokane on the 19th of April for a concert so I'm thinking that we should plan on an OC lunch that morning.

surfj9009

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
Do we want to consider going over to the main meeting as a group?  If we got five people to go, we could really cut down on gas expenses per person.  Also, I'll be in Spokane on the 19th of April for a concert so I'm thinking that we should plan on an OC lunch that morning. 
I won't be able to carpool. I am going to stay over there a few days to visit my uncles, my very old grandma and take care of some work stuff. Sorry about that. I am all good an interim lunch on the 19th. What concert?

surfj9009

imported post

I've been a huge Ani fan for almost a decade. I really want to go to that, but I am torn. Naomi Wolf, the author of "the end of America, a letter to a young patriot" is in town the same night. I can't make up my mind.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Naomi Wolf in town the same night as Ani Difranco???? AHHHHHH!! If I didn't already have tickets, I'd be torn on which on to go to. I can't believe that I've found another Ani fan in the gun community. Right on Jason, it's good to see some free thinkers out there. What time is she talking?

surfj9009

imported post

7:30 at the Bing Crosby center at EWU. Maybe I go see wolf and you see ani and we both use our fancy recorders and then share mp3's? Not sure how good we can get the audio though. Ani took a few years off from touring I heard. She is developing serious problems in her hands, limiting her guitar playing a lot. So they both should be great events. Wolfs book is absolutely shocking, so I think I am leaning towards seeing her speak. What she addresses is of uptmost concern to me. Let's just record them and share.

HOLYROLLER

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:
What concert?
I have a pair of tickets to see Ani Difranco. That should be proof enough that all gun owners aren't rednecks that listen to country music and drive jacked-up trucks.
Welder, that is at the Service Station right? Do u plan on OCing? Might be going to see Pillar there this weekend. Would love to see a lunch on the 19th.:cool:

Dave The Welder

imported post

I plan on OCing everywhere but the Service Station. We missed you on the last lunch run. It would be great to get more people this time around.

HOLYROLLER

imported post

Dave The Welder wrote:
I plan on OCing everywhere but the Service Station. We missed you on the last lunch run. It would be great to get more people this time around.
Why no OC @ the Station? I have a family of 5, busy man.

Dave The Welder

imported post

HOLYROLLER wrote:
Why no OC @ the Station?
I don't want to push my luck by OCing alone at an Ani Difranco concert in Spokane. That's just asking for me to get the cops called and I'd really like to be able to watch Ani without dealing with cops.

surfj9009

imported post

I can do lunch the 19th. I wont be able to bring the gf though. She is working that day so she could get that night off. Gotta go see Naomi Wolf. There are lots of other days I can do also if we want to do a larger lunch, or even two! :)

I was thinking maybe we could do another place downtown again. Maybe the steelhead grill or a different spot. Then we could use Cyrus o'learys as a back up since lunch went without a hitch there. Maybe the onion, p.f. Changs, steelhead, olive garden, twigs, o'dohertys. There are so many place to choose from! All within a few blocks of each other. Italian? Chinese? Burgers? Sushi? Fancier entrees?
Does anybody know what the policy is inside Riverpark Square?
So my initial vote is for the steelhead grill.
www.steelheadbarandgrill.com if you want to check out their menu.

HOLYROLLER

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Hey would it be possible to do a later meal or something that weekend, I will be up in Spokane for drill and won't be able to attend until later in the evening.
Welcome! How late and what day?

surfj9009

imported post

what days will you be in town? 396th? 659th?
To answer the Grendel shooting requests, probably still won't be ready to shoot. I've got 40 rounds right now and I still have to mount and sight in my new scope. I don't know how much time I will have to get some ammo loaded. I know I need to get around to it, but I have a lot planned for my 4 weeks off the ship this time home

steelcoreap

imported post

Jason, the 19th sounds do able. I'll spread the word to luke and dave. Also, I dont have to shoot the Grendel right now, I just want to play with it. Thanks for the pictures of it by the way. That is a beautiful gun. My goal is to have one running by next october.