Thread: OC in cold??

Post imported post

How would you OC in the cold without it being concealed by a jacket or what not?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Strap it on over your coat?

Post imported post

strap it over your coat, or get a thigh holster thingy. Might look a little militaristic though. you could always strap it to the top of you head!:P

State Researcher

Post imported post

Well I can't tell you to use the search option since that's being wacky, but if you wanna dig in the holsters and accessories area, there was a long thread about carry options while wearing a coat.

Since you're posting in the North Carolina section, I'm going to assume you're in NC. In this area you can get away with wearing a couple of layers with a sweater, forgoing the jacket all together. A thigh rig is another option, all though they only work with shorter jackets, as a full length coat would still cover it. They make jackets and coats for law enforcement that are designed to be worn while wearing a gun on the belt. They usually have an opening to pass the gun through. You can also carry on the outside of your coat, either with a shoulder rig or a "duty belt".

There are plenty of options to choose from.

Post imported post

Ok thanks, i was just a little confused about that. But a shoulder rig over coat just doesnt look right.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Jones_Jon wrote:
    Ok thanks, i was just a little confused about that. But a shoulder rig over coat just doesnt look right.
    Yeah, probably not something I'd do, either but it accomplishes the task.

Post imported post

If you were a sweatshirt jus make sure it doesnt cover the gun, my clothes arent bagg they fit close idk how yours are no judgement hear but i know my sweatshirt wont cover over my gun.

Post imported post

I think these patriots in NH have solved your OC in cold problem. Look closely at how they are dressed in heavy jackets and sweaters, yet their guns are in plaine view. I used to live in NH. Patriots up there are under attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojKOF...eature=related
    :celebrate

Post imported post

It's a little militaristic looking, but you could always wear a pistol belt over your jacket.