Thread: Hello everyone

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Just joined and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. Been meaning to join here for a while. My name is Jim. I generally CC more than OC but I've started OC'ing a little more here lately and its quite funny to see people's reactions.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum Jim! I'm in the same boat as you, I mostly CC but I've been getting more comfortable OC.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum Jim. I got my permit in the 70's when they were very difficult to obtain. It has always concerned me that we asked for permission to carry a gun when we have always had a right to carry openly.

Thanks to VCDL and more active gunowners, we have made great strides in improving the gun laws.
    Unfortunately, with the progress in issuing permits, I have noticed a very dangerous trend in using the permits as a leash.

For instance, permit holders may carry in WMA's any time while non permit holders may only do so during hunting season.

The OC movement helps to insure that firearms carry progresses at the same rate. In other words, permit holders are not an elite class. If we allow that to happen, firearms carry will become a privilege instead of a right.

Post imported post

Welcome Jim. Glad to have you. I'm pretty new myself and this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me already.

Post imported post

How-do. I have no CHP, I only OC, where legal and outside of work. I live in FFX county, just have the Alexandria mailing address. Welcome.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome aboard. I started out with concealed carry years ago. During the winters I mostly conceal but with the weather getting nicer, I expect to be doing more open carry.

Post imported post

Welcome to the board. You will find ALOT of useful information on OC here and the people here are wonderful

Cheers,
    C