• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello everyone

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Just joined and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. Been meaning to join here for a while. My name is Jim. I generally CC more than OC but I've started OC'ing a little more here lately and its quite funny to see people's reactions.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Welcome to the forum Jim. I got my permit in the 70's when they were very difficult to obtain. It has always concerned me that we asked for permission to carry a gun when we have always had a right to carry openly.

Thanks to VCDL and more active gunowners, we have made great strides in improving the gun laws.
Unfortunately, with the progress in issuing permits, I have noticed a very dangerous trend in using the permits as a leash.

For instance, permit holders may carry in WMA's any time while non permit holders may only do so during hunting season.

The OC movement helps to insure that firearms carry progresses at the same rate. In other words, permit holders are not an elite class. If we allow that to happen, firearms carry will become a privilege instead of a right.

Rey

imported post

Welcome Jim. Glad to have you. I'm pretty new myself and this forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me already.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome aboard. I started out with concealed carry years ago. During the winters I mostly conceal but with the weather getting nicer, I expect to be doing more open carry.