• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's

Skippy

imported post

Took a trip from Indianapolis up to Hammond over the weekend to visit Cabela's for the first time. Interesting store, but I was surprised at how expensive the gun counter was. They had a decent selection, but the prices were at least 10% higher than they should have been.

Not everything was expensive, though. Bought some reasonably-priced clothing and some camping gear.

No point to this post, but wouldn't have heard of Cabela's except for this board.

RHVette

imported post

Skippy wrote:
They had a decent selection, but the prices were at least 10% higher than they should have been.
I noticed that, too. They actually had a used gun (CZ 75B) that was "more expensive" than a new one. I say more expensive because, while they were the same price, the new one came with two mags, case, etc., etc. The used one did not. Therefore, the gun itself cost more.

Anyhow, I decided to call the manager over and show that to him. He looked at it, went to the back, did some research and came back. He told me that they had given the guy who traded it in too much money, so that's what they had to sell it for.

Well, hopefully after having to admit this in front of twenty people, they've gotten somebody who knows something about gun prices doing the trade-ins now.

[/rant]

aikidoka

imported post

Skippy wrote:
Mike wrote:
Well, you did OC there, right?
Natch.

I live in Hammond :( but I like that a Cabelas is there now. Their prices did seem a bit high. I'm hoping to buy from Bud's Gun Shop online if local dealers don't have better.

NayKid

imported post

I like Cabela's for the fact that they gave me a 99% on my FN FNP40 that i sold to them. "It smells like peanut butter" were the appraisers exact words. Also, their selection of items make my personal bits get tingly. Bought an M&P 15 from them.