• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackwater Training

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looking at some training, here in the Mid-Atlantic. Has anyone been to Blackwater's facility. I did a search on OCDO, but came up empty-handed.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Guy at work here paid for the three day class for his son-in-law a couple years back. Said he had a ball and learned some handy stuff. My bro-in-law has done some training there as well (Coast Grd) and said the facilities/shoot houses were pretty state of the art. I'd like to go myself, but the funds and the time runneth short lately....

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, OBXMIKE. It likely beats a trip to Frontsite, out in Nevada. Alexandria to NC is a lot easier. I'm going out to Vegas and could have taken advantage of "One Stop Shopping", but they're not offereing the handgun course while I'm out there - Dang!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I took the 3-Day Basic Pistol course a few years ago. Made me a better shot. First class facility and trainers at the time. YMMV

Rey

imported post

I'm not sure it's there anymore. My unit used to send a handful of us at a time for training b/w Iraq rotations. The guys that came back said they had a freakin' blast.

One weird thing, they all had a man crush on one of the instructors. He was aformer Aussie specfor guy named Jason Falla. hahahahaha!:D

A friend of mine said he'd finish running through some exercise demonstration and all these Marines were just doe eyed! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But when my turn came around we went to a different local company called Tier 1 Group. They were decent. Learned a lot, shot til my fingertips bled. But nowhere near as cool as the Blackwater course. No tazer/vehicle/breaching training. Just straight up essentials. Which isn't always a bad thing...