Thread: PI and concealed/open carry

Post imported post

I have been trying to find away around MD oppressive carry laws. It is difficult living in a bordering state that allows CC and having to frequently cross over.

My question. In MD law, they allow Private Investigators (PI) to obtain a CCDW permit. Is this a good way around their laws? If I could get a PI license, then that would give me a good reason to obtain a permit.

Would I have to actually perform PI duties regularly or could I get by only doing one case a year?

Thanks,

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

just john wrote:
    I have been trying to find away around MD oppressive carry laws. It is difficult living in a bordering state that allows CC and having to frequently cross over.

My question. In MD law, they allow Private Investigators (PI) to obtain a CCDW permit. Is this a good way around their laws? If I could get a PI license, then that would give me a good reason to obtain a permit.

Would I have to actually perform PI duties regularly or could I get by only doing one case a year?

Thanks,
    Its only a good way around their laws if you can actually get a PI license in MD. In many states, it is not that easy. They might issue you a CC permit that is only good while working.

Post imported post

Might be worth looking into. However, most permits they issue to regular folk for special purpose, only allow carry while doing that 'special purpose'. Another thing to try is move 20 miles South! God Bless the Old Dominion!

Get VA non-Resident permit for when you cross the WW or Cabin John bridge's. Or just OC while in VA
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson