• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PI and concealed/open carry

just john

imported post

I have been trying to find away around MD oppressive carry laws. It is difficult living in a bordering state that allows CC and having to frequently cross over.

My question. In MD law, they allow Private Investigators (PI) to obtain a CCDW permit. Is this a good way around their laws? If I could get a PI license, then that would give me a good reason to obtain a permit.

Would I have to actually perform PI duties regularly or could I get by only doing one case a year?

Thanks,

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just john wrote:
I have been trying to find away around MD oppressive carry laws. It is difficult living in a bordering state that allows CC and having to frequently cross over.

My question. In MD law, they allow Private Investigators (PI) to obtain a CCDW permit. Is this a good way around their laws? If I could get a PI license, then that would give me a good reason to obtain a permit.

Would I have to actually perform PI duties regularly or could I get by only doing one case a year?

Thanks,
Its only a good way around their laws if you can actually get a PI license in MD. In many states, it is not that easy. They might issue you a CC permit that is only good while working.

VAopencarry

imported post

Might be worth looking into. However, most permits they issue to regular folk for special purpose, only allow carry while doing that 'special purpose'. Another thing to try is move 20 miles South! God Bless the Old Dominion!

Get VA non-Resident permit for when you cross the WW or Cabin John bridge's. Or just OC while in VA:lol: