• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WHY DOES EVERYONE HERE WANT TO DESCRIBE...

RockyMtnScotsman

imported post

Because some people enjoy collecting gun-related paraphernalia including holsters as much as the guns themselves.

Because, just like in most other aspects of life, most people are looking for the next "perfect" solution ... including how to carry their guns safely, in comfort, with secure retention, etc....

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

For some, accessories can be just as fun as the firearms themselves. Kinda like getting a car, and adding wheels, stereo, tint, things like that.

Sometimes, for me, carrying the same gun every day gets a little repetitive. But a holster change fixes that. It feels like something new, and I enjoy hearing about other peoples experiences with different holsters.

Machoduck

imported post

Hey cs,

My wife asked that very question a few days ago. I had been reading to her one of the OC accounts in WA where the subject wore a pancake holster. I told her describing the holster gave me an immediate mental picture of what others saw that evening (within obvious limits) meaning the piece and the holster were clearly visible, compared, say, an IWB holster.

MD

colorado slick

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
For some, accessories can be just as fun as the firearms themselves. Kinda like getting a car, and adding wheels, stereo, tint, things like that.

Sometimes, for me, carrying the same gun every day gets a little repetitive. But a holster change fixes that. It feels like something new, and I enjoy hearing about other peoples experiences with different holsters.
OK. Just thought I would ask. As for differant holsters, I have several, one for each shooter. However, I preferre the FBI style and wear it all the time when I open carry. I want to know exactly where it is and what I have to do to reach it.
Colorado Slick

DocNTexas

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
What kind of holster they wear? Why not just say, I was carrying my Colt, S&W or whatever. Just curious,

Colorado Slick

Another consideration for you question is the contextfor whicha givenpostis being written. In some cases the mannerof carry might have an impact on the situation being discussed.

I agree that in most cases this additional information is unnecessary and does not contribute directly to the topic, however, I don't mind it because it gives me additional insight into the type of equipment others use. No information or opinion is worthless I always say.

Take care and be safe,

Doc

Sa45auto

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
What kind of holster they wear? Why not just say, I was carrying my Colt, S&W or whatever. Just curious,

Colorado Slick

The only difference between men and boys;

Is the size and shape and cost of their toys. ;)