Thread: Concealed Carrywear for Summer

Post imported post

I've been debating for a month now about how I can conceal carry without the benefit of a long sweater or jacket. Most of the T's I have just don't quite do the job.
    One that I recently bought works great. I got it at Ross (Medlock Bridge Rd (141) @ McGinnis Ferry Rd, Alpharetta) for $7.99, it's a Asics DUO TECH Basics Volley ball shirt. It's got small collar like a polo, but in a soccer style. Lightweight nylon prod# 400027556519 size L, sku# 32360 81927.
    I also angled my Serpa holster one notch forward too so there is less of the grip sticking out backwards in the shirt.
    So everyone go get one, I'm buying out the store :-)
    Hockey shirts also work well.

Any one else have any clothing for summer ? or just open carry and damn the stares!

Post imported post

I use a Rothco vest to conceal my 4" XD9. I will tuck in the shirt I'm wearing and then wear the vest over it. I've never had anyone say anything to me about my weapon being on me, and I've never had any official contact with law enforcement for a "man with gun" call. I've even had casual conversations with law enforcement officers I happened to see while I was armed, and if they spotted my weapon under my vest they didn't say anything to me about it.

Post imported post

Rothco vest ? not heard of those, I'll have to look it up.
    Where do you buy them ?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I can't conceal. My .45 is afraid of the dark.

Post imported post

hahaha :-)
    too funny!

Post imported post

exgabrit wrote:
    Where do you buy them ?
    I got mine from the Army Surplus store in Hinesville. Those vests or similar ones from other makers should be available at manystores that sell military and police gear. If all else fails you can order them online or have your local FFL dealer order them for you.

These are nothing more than safari or outdoorsmantype vests with lots of pockets. I pack a 4" XD9 in an outside-the-waistband hip holster concealed under the vest with no problem. The only comments I've ever received about my vests are "Going fishing?"

Post imported post

I'm a nurse and have found that scrub tops, one size larger than normal, work great.

Post imported post

Shameless plug coming for one great IWB.

I have a MTAC http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

For my G30 it is the best conceal or OC rig I have ever had.
    If I am concealing I just put on a very light cotton tank top under shirt and wear a size or 2 bigger shirt and let it hang over or if my wife wants me to look more respectable I can tuck the shirt in. It holds my 30 against my side at the 4 o'clock and no one has ever noticed.

Post imported post

I've always been a shorts and t-shirt kinda guy, so my glock 17 rides owb (bulky, but very comfy) under a shirt one size too big. i really wish florida would get open carry, it is way too hot for concealed carry, even in the winter.

Post imported post

I prefersomething a bit dressier than T-shirts.I was atBass Pro recently and boughtsome short sleave shirts of various types that work wonders for CC.

Post imported post

Here's a great shirt its comfortable and the price is right.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/wodicashslsh.html

Post imported post

exgabrit wrote:
    Most of the T's I have just don't quite do the job.
    Buy bigger Ts!

Post imported post

if ya buy bigger t's then you look like a thug or such like. i hate looking messy :-)

Post imported post

officerjdc wrote:
    exgabrit wrote:
    Where do you buy them ?
    I got mine from the Army Surplus store in Hinesville. Those vests or similar ones from other makers should be available at manystores that sell military and police gear. If all else fails you can order them online or have your local FFL dealer order them for you.

These are nothing more than safari or outdoorsmantype vests with lots of pockets. I pack a 4" XD9 in an outside-the-waistband hip holster concealed under the vest with no problem. The only comments I've ever received about my vests are "Going fishing?"
    I use ranger vests. I also get them at the Army Surplus store. I bought the first on at an Army Surplus Store in Harlingen Texas.

Tarzan

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

those don't look too bad actually.

Post imported post

exgabrit wrote:
    those don't look too bad actually.

I bought one and liked it so much that I bought 3 more.

Here I am with my son-in law.

I am also wearing my full sized 1911 in s shoulder rig.

I am wearing my wallet in a pocket on the inside on my right side. This picture was taken just after I bought the vest. I have learned since then that if I don't have something of about equal weight in my left side too, my vest tends to hang a little lower on one side.

I nowkeep my cell in my left side pocket and that evens things out. :celebrate

Tarzan

Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

Sear has some nice linen dress shirts (button down) that work great unbuttoned. Very cool too and in solid colors don't make you look like a surfer reject. I used them when i CC my S&W 500.

Post imported post

For summer I dont even bother to CC with an OWB holster. I either use my IWB or belly band. I dont adjust the way I dress to carry. I adjust the way I carry to suit my dress.

Note: I typically OC, but in the winter my jacket covers it making it CC. Only on specific occasions do I CC in the summer months.

Post imported post

I may start OC'ing, its just too hard to conceal in the hot weather, my Glock is just too square to hide. makes a large shape on my hip. makes me feel like i'm trying to hide something for the wrong reason.

Aberk wrote:
    For summer I dont even bother to CC with an OWB holster. I either use my IWB or belly band. I dont adjust the way I dress to carry. I adjust the way I carry to suit my dress.

Note: I typically OC, but in the winter my jacket covers it making it CC. Only on specific occasions do I CC in the summer months.

Post imported post

You might visit the "5.11tactical.com" site. They offer a nice undershirt with side pockets for your "buddy" on one side and extra ammo on the other. I bought that same shirt at a (LEO's) uniform shop for less money. I also use light weight, button down, short sleeve shirts. I have also worn the nylon holster shirt under a t-shirt. Practice your access and draw with it though (if you ever needed to). Otherwise, I just open carry when it get's too hot here in GA.