View Poll Results: When/where would you be available to attend an OC luncheon/dinner?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday, April 11 - dinner

0 0%
  • Saturday, April 12 - lunch

6 16.22%
  • Saturday, April 12 - dinner

9 24.32%
  • Sunday, April 13 - lunch

5 13.51%
  • Sunday, April 13 - dinner

3 8.11%
  • Sacramento

10 27.03%
  • Pleasanton

3 8.11%
  • Merced

1 2.70%

Thread: Northern California Open Carry Luncheon

State Researcher

Post imported post

Some of us have been talking about getting together for an open carry lunch. With the recent increase in interest in CA, I think it's time to push this idea past the 'talk' stage. Let's make it happen.

I would like to get an idea of the amount of interest here and actually take steps to make this happen. I don't care if you open carry at this event or not; I just want to meet people who support open carry.

If you're interested, please answer the poll to let me know what dates/locations you can make it to. Pick as many as you like. Once the poll closes we will see where/when the most interest is and make some solid plans.

If you are from one of the listed destinations and know a good restuarant (one not in a 'gun-free zone') please PM me. Details for exact date/time/location will be discussed via e-mail or phone.

So... who wants to be part of the first ever California Open Carry luncheon?
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hmmm, Sacramento is just 2 hrs from Reno! It would be GREAT to meet with you guys!

I feel like I'm on my US OC Tour! lol....

EDIT: I'd have room for 3 more from Reno, 4 if the wife doesn't come.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Also, I am willing to ride share with anybody who is along my route to [wherever we end up going]. All I would ask is that they try to get themselves somewhere close to the freeway so I don't have to worry about school zones while driving through the city to pick them up.

Until recently I had a real piece of junk pickup that I wouldn't drive further than I was willing to have to walk (in case it broke down and I had to hoof it home). I now have reliable wheels, so now I can maybe help out those who don't. So, if you really want to make it to a meet-up, and transportation is the only thing holding you back... keep this option in mind. My car can comfortably seat 4 (maybe 5), and I would love to fill my car on the way to an OC luncheon.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Any of the Saturday and Sunday options are workable for me. Since I live in Elk Grove, a Sacramento location would obviously be my first choice, but I am somewhat flexible there.

However, I believe a location would probably need to be fluid until we know where the majority of the people who are attending are coming from.

Of course, if we do meet up, you are all going to laugh at me for what I'm carrying.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Juice wrote:
    Any of the Saturday and Sunday options are workable for me. Since I live in Elk Grove, a Sacramento location would obviously be my first choice, but I am somewhat flexible there.

However, I believe a location would probably need to be fluid until we know where the majority of the people who are attending are coming from.

Of course, if we do meet up, you are all going to laugh at me for what I'm carrying.

That's why I made the poll. I want to know where people want to meet (and when). I know we have 3 or 4 people in the Sacramento area, and at least 3 in the Manteca/Modesto area, which isn't too far from any of the options.

I almost made an option for a Modesto or Manteca meet-up location. However, I figure I could just provide transportation to the locals if the meetup is out of town.

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Im here in Sacramento and OC all the time. I would be intrested in attending as well and would perfer Sacramento of course.. will keep an eye on this post for further information.:celebrate

Post imported post

If you guys make this a monthy or every few months kind of thing I would love to come back to California and participate in an OC lunch. That is if you left coasters wouldn't mind a keystone stater in your midst. :what:

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar

Post imported post

Anual MudCamping trip is April 11-13. No way I can make those dates.

Post imported post

If I can make it a Saturday Dinner would be best for me. It's a 5 1/2 hour drive up on Saturday Morning, Dinner, Stay over at my cousins house, and drive back down on Sunday.

State Researcher

Post imported post

MudCamper wrote:
    Anual MudCamping trip is April 11-13. No way I can make those dates.

Sorry! >.< I arbitrarily chose these dates because (1) it's not too far off that nobody wants to plan it and (2) it's far enough off that people can arrange to be there.

My hope is to make this a regular event; maybe every 2-3 months. Maybe we'll spawn local groups. We have 3 people in Sac (at least) and 3 people in the San Joaquin County area. I think we also have 2 or 3 people in SoCal.

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I'm a member at Calguns.net and I'd like to meet up with you guys...

State Researcher

Post imported post

bump

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I've penciled this in, so I will definitely be attending if the event happens on the Saturday or Sunday date (and judging by the votes thus far, the event will fall within those parameters).

So, officially count me in. :celebrate

State Researcher

Post imported post

Juice wrote:
    I've penciled this in, so I will definitely be attending if the event happens on the Saturday or Sunday date (and judging by the votes thus far, the event will fall within those parameters).

So, officially count me in. :celebrate
    I look forward to meeting you.

It looks like it probably will be a Saturday dinner in Sac. However, there's still some time left on the poll, so not a done deal yet.

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Im wondering how many we have RSVPing here. Personally I hadnt anticipated more than 5-6 really willing to make it, but now, just looking at the vote totals, it appears we have more like 10.

I think it would be prudent to start looking at possible venues that can handle a party of 12 or soand have a contingency in case the first doesnt pan out. The other thing we need to consider is that a dinner on a Saturday night will be quite busy and create wait with a party that large- perhaps there might be room to compromise on time?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I'll be coming from livermore..

State Researcher

Post imported post

We still have about 47 hours left on the poll, but it looks like this will probably happen on Saturday evening, and almost certainly in Sac. So, if you can make that time and location, please keep your calendar open.

Once the poll is closed I'll make another thread announcing the date, time, and city (just to make it official) and give instructions for you to RSVP. I don't want to jump the gun on these things in case we get some last minute vote changes or new votes that change the date on us.

However, since Sacramento is overwhelmingly favored as the location, I think it is safe to start planning a venue. Here's the criteria we're looking for in our venue:
    • Able to accomodate a party of 8-10
    • Willing to reserve our table for a set time (with about 1 week notice)
    • Menu variety (I don't want to end up at a sushi bar or some [insert food you hate here] place.)
    • Location - since many of us will be armed, we need something that is easily accessible from the freeway without driving through a 'gun-free school zone.'
    • Won't mind the free publicity of being discussed on this forum (and probably others) after the meetup.
    If you know a place, please DO NOT post it here. Just PM your suggestion(s) to me. I don't want to get some anti-OC trolls showing up to try to cause us problems, so we'll keep the meetup location somewhat secretive until after the event.

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Count one more in for the fold. People will see that citizens of California still retain the Rights of Free Men.

Post imported post

Ooops. PM sent.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    If you know a place, please DO NOT post it here. Just PM your suggestion(s) to me. I don't want to get some anti-OC trolls showing up to try to cause us problems, so we'll keep the meetup location somewhat secretive until after the event.
    +1 looking forward to the after action report

Post imported post

Count me in, assuming I'm back in CA by then.

I won't be able to OC, as I don't have a gun in CA yet (I'd like to keep my VA guns unregistered, so for now they're staying with my parents), but if someone wants to lend me one I'll wear it.