Thread: Russell County Permit

Post imported post

My sister-in-law is moving to Russell County. She has a Utah CCW permit. How hard is it to get a permit in Russell County, since Alabama is a "may issue" state.

Any advice you could give her would be great.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I can't answer specifically to Russell County but, in general, an Alabama Pistol License is not hard at all to get if you pass NICS etc....usually takes 1-2 weeks from app to PL.

Post imported post

In years past I've heard Russell County gave some folks problems obtaining a CC Permit. I looked at the application online the other day and the only thing I see that I don't really agree with reads something like:
    "Reason you are applying for CC Permit (Personal Protection does not apply)"
    I would put something about a job where you work at night and need to not "be alone".
    I live in Lee county (my house is about 50yds from Russell Co) and haven't had a problem getting/keeping mine.
    Mark

Post imported post

Actually my sister-in-law lives in Phenix City... So I think she is probably in Lee County. Any advice I can give her?

Post imported post

Most of PC is in Russell... a little in Lee. Very easy to get in Lee County- you fill out the form online, must give reason (I put "personal protection") wait 5 days then go pick up in person in Opelika. $20/yr.

Post imported post

marktaylor wrote:
    In years past I've heard Russell County gave some folks problems obtaining a CC Permit. I looked at the application online the other day and the only thing I see that I don't really agree with reads something like:
    "Reason you are applying for CC Permit (Personal Protection does not apply)"
    I would put something about a job where you work at night and need to not "be alone".
    I live in Lee county (my house is about 50yds from Russell Co) and haven't had a problem getting/keeping mine.
    Mark
    You really need to have your legislature change the law to "shall" issue while holding the line on your list of places off limits . . .