• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC & Camper Shopping

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Over the weekend I went looking through Craigslist to find a camper. I found a few for sale by private owners that were nearby and decided to take a look at them today since I was off.
I finally found one for the right price and overall looks that I was going to buy today. The owner and I spent about 45 minutes going over the camper, top to bottom. I decided to take one more run through the inside before making the offer. As I was stepping through the camper door the guy "finally" mentions the Springfield on my hip and asks if I was a cop or something. I replied with "no, not a cop, just a citizen who carries a gun." So the whole time in the camper he can't take his eyes off the holster even with him explaining things to me. He finally tells me that the gun makes him nervous and asks if I would put it in the truck. My reply was that I was not comfortable leaving it in the truck (and hoped he would leave it be). In the middle of me making the offer for the camper he loudly tells me that this is "MY PROPERTY AND I DON’T WANT GUNS ON MY PROPERTY !!" I told him that while I respect his rights, if he accepted my offer, we would be done shortly and I'd be on my way. He wanted to hear nothing more I had to say unless the gun was off his property. I walked to the truck, drove away and he lost a sale.
The funny thing was his wife. When he raised his voice to me, I looked at her and she let out a sigh and shook her head while looking directly at him. As I was pulling out of the driveway she was giving him the business with her arms flailing.
Otherwise it was a very uneventful day.

Machoduck

imported post

"MY PROPERTY AND I DON’T WANT GUNS ON MY PROPERTY !!"

Bravely spoken.

Another one who counts on your rationality to save him from the consequences that would surely come his way if you were truly what he implies you to be.

MD

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

"Well, the last time I left it in the truck, it just howled and chewed up the seat. Oh that's right, it can't do that because it's an INANIMATE OBJECT!."

:banghead:

You did the right thing. It is his property, so it's his rules. Likewise, it's your money and you shouldn't pay people to be idiots.

LoveMyCountry

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Sounds like I need to have a bright yellow T-shirt made up with the following:

Which group do you subscribe to?

[] Hoplophobia

[] Hoplophilia

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
He finally tells me that the gun makes him nervous and asks if I would put it in the truck.

I might have looked down at it and replied, "Why? Is it ticking?"

Of course, this was your cue to make an exit. People who cannot tell the difference between a firearm and a time bomb are never easy converts. You did right by walking away and blowing him off as a candy ass.

DrewGunner

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
M1Gunr wrote:
He finally tells me that the gun makes him nervous and asks if I would put it in the truck.

I might have looked down at it and replied, "Why? Is it ticking?"

Of course, this was your cue to make an exit. People who cannot tell the difference between a firearm and a time bomb are never easy converts. You did right by walking away and blowing him off as a candy ass.
Hahaha!! I'm definitly going to say that next time someone says they're uncomfortable with my gun.

ATCer

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
You did the right thing. It is his property, so it's his rules. Likewise, it's your money and you shouldn't pay people to be idiots.

LoveMyCountry
However, you should pay at the drive-through.