• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harborfest

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I don't want to take anything from Chet's thread, so I started this one.

It makes me mad every time I think of what the Szymecki's went through and since Harborfest is in June, I'd like to see if anyone is interested in a group OC with plenty of cameras.

My guess is, the City will be on their best behavior....but who knows.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Rey wrote:
That is a really really great idea. I wish I lived closer.

It would be nice if we could do some carpooling like we did for Lobby day. I can take a few Central Va. People.

Thundar

imported post

peter nap wrote:

It makes me mad every time I think of what the Szymecki's went through and since Harborfest is in June, I'd like to see if anyone is interested in a group OC with plenty of cameras.

I'll be there with my Kel-Tec SU-16A, :what: Sig 229, Sony voice recorder and Kodak digital camera.:celebrate

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds like fun. I'm thinking I'd be up for a trip.

mobeewan

imported post

Thundar wrote:
peter nap wrote:

I'll be there with my Kel-Tec SU-16A, :what: Sig 229, Sony voice recorder and Kodak digital camera.:celebrate

I have a CHP, so should I bring my AR Shorty with telescoping stock, 30 round mag and a bayonet on it! :uhoh: :shock: :p

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm off on the 6th and the 8th. Which is Friday and Sunday. I would definately make it one of those days if you all wanted to do an open carry outing.

possumboy

imported post

I know SB33; better known as the Chet Szymecki disarmament act was defeated.

I cannot remember the bill introduced to make localities pay for fees and such if they try to enforce a preempted local law. Can someone give me a status?

bayboy42

imported post

possumboy wrote:
I know SB33; better known as the Chet Szymecki disarmament act was defeated.

I cannot remember the bill introduced to make localities pay for fees and such if they try to enforce a preempted local law. Can someone give me a status?

You're thinking of HB 371.

Short Story: Left in Courts of Justice (8-Y 7-N)

Long Story: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?081+sum+HB371

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It's starting to look like it might be a go.
Thundar, I was hoping you would jump in. Why don't you see who might be interested in your area.

Please, no rifles though. This needs to be pretty straight forward for a couple of reasons.

First, it has more impact if it's a group of law abiding citizens exercising their rights. Rifles just appear bad to the press.

Second, Chet will not have finished his case by then and we have to be on our best behavior so we do not jeopardize it.

ChinChin

imported post

Don't be surprised if there are a few people CCing not only their firearms, but also stealthy digital recorders to make sure any future excessive use of force in effecting an arrest is captured and then sent to every network affiliate in a 50 mile radius.

There is something to be said for padding personnel jackets. Keeps the bad eggs getting passed over for promotion and gaining pay raises, lets the GOOD cops get their due and in turn promotes not going rouge for fear of being the next Youtube superstar.
I'll see you there, you seeing me. . .not so much. ;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
Don't be surprised if there are a few people CCing not only their firearms, but also stealthy digital recorders to make sure any future excessive use of force in effecting an arrest is captured and then sent to every network affiliate in a 50 mile radius.

There is something to be said for padding personnel jackets. Keeps the bad eggs getting passed over for promotion and gaining pay raises, lets the GOOD cops get their due and in turn promotes not going rouge for fear of being the next Youtube superstar.
I'll see you there, you seeing me. . .not so much. ;)

I picked up this camera when CompUSA went under.
It's the smallest camera I've ever used and with the lipstick camera attached, very easy to conceal.
Good video, excellent audio and very good battery life. It will be with me.
samsung_sc-x210wl_p00.jpg