• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU student shot during a robbery

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Sa45auto wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I would bet a full month's salary, before taxes, that the BGs were not African-Americans. In fact, I would bet 3 months salary on that.

0015.Image.NULL,NULL.300,198,2,NULL,NULL.MGSpooler.img

Howard Reed Scott II
Ok pay up.

I'd take that bet any day! I spent way too much time in Richmond.
It is two cities in one. Daylight, it has it's bad areas and very nice areas.

...(large snip)...

The NEW victim of choice are illegal Mexicans. They use cash, won't report a crime and are pretty easy targets. I don't feel too sorry for them!

I do feel sorry for "them". I think it is wrong for anyone to violently victimize any other innocent human being. This is one reason I believe strongly in the rightto self-defense. I don't think your life, or my life, or the life of an illegal alien is any less valuable in and of itself. For me, this is one of the most importantaspects of my personal faith - and I am not a particularly religious person.

Somethingserious must be done aboutillegal immigration, but the driving factor is economics - and illegal immigrantsstill havemothers who would grieve at their innocentchilds death.
I agree with the basics of your statement but I have ZERO TOLERANCE for immigration. Legal or otherwise.

They have the option of going home!

Just a side note...If the world were populated with people that feel as you do, it would be a much better place. Unfortunately, it's not!

Let me explain the area that Scott lived in (I'll just hit the high spots)

It's off of Jeff Davis Highway on Richmonds Southside.
Crossing the river, you get to Hillside Court (a project). One way in, one way out and the drug dealers own it.

Next, Afton, where Scott lived. Same thing as Hillside just a little bigger and rougher. There's a market on Jeff Davis at the entrance to Afton. I saw a fellow waiting for a bus, get shot one fday, just because he was standing there. Nice folks, huh?

There is Ruffin road and Ruffin road Apartments. Same thing. The industrial section at Bells road and just past, The City Motel. Mostly hookers that circle it like a pack of sharks after dark.

Next, the Highway motel where the hookers have always sold drugs and the customers would take them to the used tire lot across the street to use them.

Further, topless bars.

Then you get to the Chesterfield line, That;s mostly populated by illegals. Chesterfield, being affluent, doesn't want to admit there is crime in the county so they push it into the city. The illegals are the buffer between Chesterfield and Hell. They keep things quiet for the county....because they have to.

Marco

imported post

I would bet a full month's salary, before taxes, that the BGs were not African-Americans. In fact, I would bet 3 months salary on that.

And I would bet that the killing was a hate crime, but you're not likely to hear that on the news, are you?
This is way off topic.
The people who did this are murders:exclaim:

Their race isn't important, at least notto me.
Who ever did this should fry:exclaim:
No matter what color their skin is, what minority group they alledge or are categorized in.

Edit:
As are the other topics in this and other threads regarding race.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Agent19 wrote:

And I would bet that the killing was a hate crime, but you're not likely to hear that on the news, are you?
This is way off topic.

No matter what color their skin is, what minority group they alledge or are categorized in.

Edit:

I have to agree w/ you there, but I do feel there ...

We can go through all the statistics and anecdotes about race and its connection to crime in America, but in the end what are we here for? We're here to promote the acceptance of honest, lawful citizens carrying weapons.
Giving people the impression that we're the stereotypical "gun-nuts" (flannel shirts, camos, trailer-park, racist, sexist, rednecks) is going to further seperate us from the general population and hold our cause back.

When you open carry or talk about the RKBA:
Dress well,
Act right, and
Keep the race discussions civil and unbiased (if you MUST talk about it at all)!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Agent19 wrote:

This is way off topic.

Edit:

Fair enough....So what's on Topic.

A VCU Student, from Mt. Jackson, who has no idea what kind of violence goes on in Richmond, gets robbed. That's not even news worthy. Happens multiple times every day there.

As he walks away, he gets shot and killed. Happens nearly every day in Richmond.

He COULD HAVE BEEN OC'ING because he wasn't on school property but he wasn't.

The girl was very lucky!

Business as usual in Richmond City.

That pretty well sums it up!

Sa45auto

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
...........the driving factor is economics......

The driving factor is lack of morality.

People want and they don't want to work for it. I want to secure the borders and we must, but most of the illegals come here to work and not to steal.

The lack of morality is just this, they want and yet they don't want to do what is required to do to get what they want, legally.

As a child I was a victim and I understand what it feels like to have some one take from you, something that is not theirs to have.

I feel for the young man who lost his life and forhis family. The young man who took his life did so because he wanted what the other young man had and then when he took it, he wanted to be safe so he took the young man's life so he wouldn't be identified.

We have a rising generation, especially in selected groups of minorities,that wants and does not have the moral fiber to work for what they want, and so they take.

These young men, and sometimes women have not been raised by a father and mother who have taught them right from wrong and they have been told it is the fault of those that have that they have not and so they take.

I was raised without too. I was raised in abject poverty, by an abusivemother and an invalid dieing father, but my father taught me, before he died, to grow to be a man of moral principles.

Most of my friends went the way of the world, but I did not, and I accredit my father for that.

Until every child has a family where they have a father and mother, who love them and teach them moral values, we will continue to have the problems that now face us.

End of rant.

Rey

imported post

I want to know why he shot this young man. If it was to protect his identity, why leave the girl? You're already going down for Murder 1, why leave a witness? Maybe she ran...

That's so unbelievable and tragic.

Sa45auto

imported post

Rey wrote:
I want to know why he shot this young man. If it was to protect his identity, why leave the girl? You're already going down for Murder 1, why leave a witness? Maybe she ran...

I think your logic is spot on.

I don't think that he wanted to be identified, and he probably would have shot the girl too if he could.

Did the victim shield her with his body so she could run and get away? Could be.

Neplusultra

imported post

Sa45auto wrote:
Rey wrote:

I don't think that he wanted to be identified, and he probably would have shot the girl too if he could.

Did the victim shield her with his body so she could run and get away? Could be.
Or he just shot him for street cred. Some gangs require you to murder someone to join. There's actually video of what is believed to be such a murder on youtube. A hispanic young man walks up behind a homeless guy and hits him in the head with a baseball bat. No motive, he did not steal from the guy but left immediately. He just wanted to kill this stranger.

Kill someone, you're a hard ass. You'll get respect.

Sa45auto

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Sa45auto wrote:
Rey wrote:

Or he just shot him for street cred. Some gangs require you to murder someone to join. There's actually video of what is believed to be such a murder on youtube. A hispanic young man walks up behind a homeless guy and hits him in the head with a baseball bat. No motive, he did not steal from the guy but left immediately. He just wanted to kill this stranger.

Kill someone, you're a hard ass. You'll get respect.
Unfortunately another definite possibility. :(

taurusfan

imported post

This one goes to show that you have to be careful about letting certain people approach you...either that or learn the wild west quick draw!

The details that came out:

"Robbers tried to force a VCU art student and his female friend into the trunk of her car at Byrd Park, then shot him once in the back as they tried to run away, according to a law-enforcement source familiar with the case...

The robbers took off in the woman's car, which was torched and abandoned near the home of a teenager police later arrested, another law-enforcement source said."

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/policebeat.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-03-28-0167.html

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

dkd wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

wtf are you talking about?....did you not read the article?....read, think then type....or perhaps youre just goading?...i would think the latter.
Well let's see.. I read, thought, then typed. Guess that satisfies your "wtf" criteria.

As for our "friend" in the picture, he is most definitely a black male. And also most likely an American I would imagine. However, unless he was born someplace in Africa then immigrated to America, becoming a naturalized citizen, he is most definitely not an African-American. A black American, yes, but not the other. If that were the case, then I would be an English/Irish/Welsh-American - but I'm not. I am native to this country and to this state. In my entire life, I have only known three African-Americans and one was white. How do you think he faired with all of this BS? And if I were a black American, I would be offended, insulted, and incensed being called an African-American and not just an American. My roots are here, not in some other country or continent.

People by using terms like this we are feeding from the hands of the politically correct and you know on which side of the spectrum most of them sit. They have been quite successful in cramming this kind of nonsense down the throats of Americans along with "assault rifle" when referring to an "ugly/scary" semi-auto rifle, and "dum-dum" bullets, and "gay" for homosexual. They've got a large segment of our side speaking their tongue.

So yes, perhaps I was goading and prodding a little bit - playing a little devil's advocate if you will. It's just that words have meaning and their use should be correct and convey meanings that do not mix or mince words.

There.. that's off of my chest. Hope everyone has a great weekend and OC's all over.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Agent19 wrote:

This is way off topic.

Edit:

You mean "murderers" I believe.

Yep, I have no compassion for people who do this.

BTW, see my response posting of a few minutes ago.

vt357

imported post

glockfan wrote:
Robbers tried to force a VCU art student and his female friend into the trunk of her car at Byrd Park, then shot him once in the back as they tried to run away, according to a law-enforcement source familiar with the case...

The robbers took off in the woman's car, which was torched and abandoned near the home of a teenager police later arrested, another law-enforcement source said."
You can guarantee that had they gotten into the trunk willingly, the police would have found a burned out car with two bodies in the trunk the next morning. It pisses me off that the killer is 17 because he deserves to fry for this. Unfortunately all he can get is life in prison. We really need to bring back public executions - take your pick: firing squad or a short drop with a sudden stop.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-03-29-0142.html

"She said she has lobbied for stiffer gun controls before the legislature and that she and Binsted spent hours talking deeply of their shared world visions and of peace."

"Now I want to live in a place where there are no guns."

What a stupid fu***** c***! This poor guy sacrifices himself so that she wouldn't get the s***raped out ofher, murdered and possibly burned to death. So what does she do? Uses this tragedy to advance a political agenda. Now she is going to have a "you can't challenge me cause I knew someone murdered mentality".

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-03-29-0142.html

"She said she has lobbied for stiffer gun controls before the legislature and that she and Binsted spent hours talking deeply of their shared world visions and of peace."

What a stupid fu***** c***! This poor guy sacrifices himself so that she wouldn't get the s***raped out ofher, murdered and possibly burned to death. So what does she do? Uses this tragedy to advance a political agenda. Now she is going to have a "you can't challenge me cause I knew someone murdered mentality".
1) The article is under the heading of "News" but if the media had any integrity it would be under the heading of "Op/Ed" or "Human Interest". It is opinion fluff.

2) He was probably not so "wordly wise" as claimed to have tolerated such an insuffereable nitwit as a g/f.

3) "We were standing there and they told us to get in the trunk. Tyler put his hand on the lid and closed it shut. He said, 'We're not doing that.' It was an incredible act of bravery." Good for him! Although hardly an incredible act of bravery in the big world, I'm sure in her obvious sheeple existence, given the mentality of those she would likely surround herself with, it was probably magnificent in comparison. His Marine father obviously taught him something about courage and honor and I commend them both.

4)""Now I want to live in a place where there are no guns." She talked about her studies last summer at Oxford University in England. "In England, there are no guns," she said." Well, then move to England, twit. There are guns in England as clearly indicated by their violent crime stats and news articles, but one would hate to let facts get in the way of a feel-good opinion. Her expansive world view is so limited that she doesn't even consider the possible outcome if they had the means of self-defense that fateful night.

5) "She said she has lobbied for stiffer gun controls before the legislature" Ok Einstein, how would more gun laws or any laws have prevented this? The perps were 17 and 15. It was illegal for them to buy any firearm. It was illegal for them to buy ammunition for any firearm. It was illegal for them to possess a handgun in the subject circumstances. It was illegal for them to conceal the firearm. It was illegal for them to transport the firearm to the scene of the crime. It was illegal for them to threaten anyone with the firearm. It was illegal for them to rob you using threat of the firearm. It was illegal for them to steal your car using threat of the firearm. It was illegal for them to discharge the firearm in city limits. It was illegal for them to intentionally discharge the firearm at another human being in non-self defense situation. It was illegal for them to kill anyone with the firearm. It was illegal for them to get into the car with the firearm. It was illegal for them to drive off with the loaded firearm in the car with them.

What additional part of their behavior that night involving the gun did you want to control? What is left that was not already illegal? A good gun control measure that night would have been for Tyler to have controlled the situation as he pulled out a .45 pistol and put a round through each of those thugs' foreheads. That would have been the best gun control possible on that tragic night.

She truly is the walking, breathing stereo-type of her generation - all feel-good rhetoric and no reality. Bet I can tell you who she voted for in the primary though...

ETA: #5 - I knew I was leaving out something I wanted to mention.

Sa45auto

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
dkd wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

wtf are you talking about?....did you not read the article?....read, think then type....or perhaps youre just goading?...i would think the latter.
Well let's see.. I read, thought, then typed. Guess that satisfies your "wtf" criteria.

As for our "friend" in the picture, he is most definitely a black male. And also most likely an American I would imagine. However, unless he was born someplace in Africa then immigrated to America, becoming a naturalized citizen, he is most definitely not an African-American. A black American, yes, but not the other. If that were the case, then I would be an English/Irish/Welsh-American - but I'm not. I am native to this country and to this state. In my entire life, I have only known three African-Americans and one was white. How do you think he faired with all of this BS? And if I were a black American, I would be offended, insulted, and incensed being called an African-American and not just an American. My roots are here, not in some other country or continent.

People by using terms like this we are feeding from the hands of the politically correct and you know on which side of the spectrum most of them sit. They have been quite successful in cramming this kind of nonsense down the throats of Americans along with "assault rifle" when referring to an "ugly/scary" semi-auto rifle, and "dum-dum" bullets, and "gay" for homosexual. They've got a large segment of our side speaking their tongue.

So yes, perhaps I was goading and prodding a little bit - playing a little devil's advocate if you will. It's just that words have meaning and their use should be correct and convey meanings that do not mix or mince words.

There.. that's off of my chest. Hope everyone has a great weekend and OC's all over.

Now I understand your comment.

On one of my better days I may have said the same thing.

I agree with your statement above and I am sorry for my smart remark. You do not have to "pay up".

Neplusultra

imported post

T Dubya wrote:

I don't know W, think of it from her perspective. Maybe I missed something in the report but "I just want to live were there are no guns" is not an un-understandable response to what happened. Irrational, ignorant perhaps. But understandable. I didn't get that she was trying to make political points by saying so. She said she was lobbying against guns but I don't think it's illegit for her to mention that. I really don't see the problem even if she did. It's a perfect example, for both sides! Of course one uses emotion the other reason.

Edit: And at the worst she is misguided not the s** f** c*** as you call her. It should always be that we argue from a point of trying to reconcile, not offend, no matter how offensive their position is. We are trying to come to a unified agreement of how our society should run. Offending othes will never acheive this.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
T Dubya wrote:

I don't know W, think of it from her perspective. Maybe I missed something in the report but "I just want to live were there are no guns" is not an un-understandable response to what happened. Irrational, ignorant perhaps. But understandable. I didn't get that she was trying to make political points by saying so. She said she was lobbying against guns but I don't think it's illegit for her to mention that. I really don't see the problem even if she did. It's a perfect example, for both sides! Of course one uses emotion the other reason.
This is not a perfect example for both. As you said, her view is irrational, as it was before that night. If it was not irrational and she not an insipid stereotype, there would be nothing here to even talk about on the other side as the other side would instantly disappear in a cloud of logic, fracts and reality.