• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I 64 Sniper, NOT again

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I read something in the Washington Post that the suspect's friend was shot by police when they showed up at the suspect's farm.

Last I heard he has not been charged with the I-64 shootings yet but some shootings in Waynesboro; and that his car was found abandoned near the 64 shooting area. Time will tell.

Sa45auto

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
I read something in the Washington Post that the suspect's friend was shot by police when they showed up at the suspect's farm.

Last I heard he has not been charged with the I-64 shootings yet but some shootings in Waynesboro; and that his car was found abandoned near the 64 shooting area. Time will tell.

http://dailynewsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080328/NEWS01/80328014

Police make arrest in Waynesboro shootings
Second person shot during raid in Crozet
Staff reports

Virginia State Police this morning arrested a suspect in Thursday's shootings at the DuPont Community Credit Union and at a home on North Commerce Avenue in Waynesboro.
Col. Stephen Flaherty of the state police said authorities shot a second individual during the arrest at a home on Yonder Hill Farm Road in Crozet.

Flaherty said police arrested Slade Allen Woodson, 19, after police executed a search warrant at the home at 4:48 a.m. this morning.

As police searched the home, they were confronted by a man with a handgun. Police shot the armed man, who is being treated at an area hospital.

Woodson was arrested without incident. He is charged only on Waynesboro police warrants — one felony count of shooting at an unoccupied building and one felony count of destruction of property related to shootings at the DuPont credit union on Lucy Lane and the home at 260 North Commerce Avenue.

Corrine Geller, a state police spokesperson, said the Waynesboro shootings are unrelated to the shootings on Interstate 64.

"They're not related to the I-64 (shootings) at all," Geller said.

Police said there were five people with Woodson this morning at the Crozet home, but said there are no other suspects at this time. The person shot by police has not been identified and has not been charged. Police are still at the scene investigating the Crozet home.

Police said Woodson is the owner of the orange AMC Gremlin sought in connection with the credit union shootings, which was found abandoned Thursday in Albemarle County. Flaherty said that ballistic evidence was found in the abandoned Gremlin.

Flaherty said that Woodson was "familiar to police," though he declined to give details on any criminal history.

Flaherty added that there is no gang activity linked to the incident, and no motive has been discovered. Woodson is still being questioned at the Albemarle County Police .

[align=left]Police arrested Slade Allen Woodson, 19, this morning in connection with the shootings in Waynesboro on Thursday.

Apparently not related to the I 64 shootings.
[/align]

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

And Fox News says it is connected

A 19-year-old man was taken into custody Friday morning in connection with a shooting spree along Interstate 64, and officers exchanged gunfire with a second, armed man who confronted them during the arrest at a farmhouse, Virginia State Police said.
:( At least the mainstream media only prints the facts unlike those blogs and forums where they sometimes even have contradictory information.

expvideo

imported post

Don't worry, it's just Hillary trying to rustle up some anti-gun media coverage for her next "assault weapon" ban. Just take comfort in the fact that she can't shoot very well.

possumboy

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
And Fox News says it is connected

A 19-year-old man was taken into custody Friday morning in connection with a shooting spree along Interstate 64, and officers exchanged gunfire with a second, armed man who confronted them during the arrest at a farmhouse, Virginia State Police said.
:( At least the mainstream media only prints the facts unlike those blogs and forums where they sometimes even have contradictory information.

If it was a the 19-year-old not doing the shooting, the media would have reported

"19-year-old youth shoot..."