View Poll Results: Do you Carry to work?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Regularly.

18 41.86%
  • Yes, But against company policy.

9 20.93%
  • Yes and no, depends on the situation.

3 6.98%
  • No, because of anti gun laws.

6 13.95%
  • No, because of company policy.

7 16.28%
  • No, Just don't feel like it.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: do you carry to work?

Post imported post

Do you carry to work, or at least to the parking lot? I'm curious.

My response - No, due to anti gun laws (work in MD but live in gun friendly VA)

I look forward to the day when I work in VA again....

Post imported post

I work on a military installation. Can't do it. Immediate termination if caught.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

I'm self-employed and carry daily.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

DAMMIT DeepDiver! You beat me to it...I was gonna use that!

Post imported post

I carry daily, against company policy.

Post imported post

Me?!?! Carry even tho Co Policy forbids it? Nope, not me....I need the job...

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    I work on a military installation. Can't do it. Immediate termination if caught.
    Of course. Imagine the chaos if someone brought a gun to a military installation.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I'm self-employed and carry daily.
    Ditto on that! :celebrate

Post imported post

Yes, Work in KY they have the can carry to work an can lock in your car with no reprocutions, but live in ohio where it is a AT-Will state. After a few years you just get good at the lock up hide it and go in routine, like changing into work boots after you get to the parkling lot, no one seems to notice if you have a routine that looks normal.
    Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun – and I've said it before and I'll say it again – they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Post imported post

If I carry at work it is grounds for immediate dismissal.

I will not state what I do.

Post imported post

I started a whole thread on that very issue in VA forum. In my particular case it is highly unlikely that even if discovered carrying they would fire me. They'd simply say, don't bring it to work. Or they may not say a damn thing I don't know. I've been very lucky to have good bosses. But in any case, as I mentioned in that thread, if SHTF so badly that a pair of scissors or some such field expedient office weapon wouldn't suffice, then it's gone beyond job security and I'd rather be prepared for that.

But I understand lots of people are in jobs with an absolute zero tolerance and would be crucified and unemployed rather quickly. VA is an at-will state as well.

Post imported post

I carry everyday working or not, its my Right to do so .

Plus with my Job , I have to PI/Bail Enforcement officer

Post imported post

Can't do it. Work site is a gov't facility and that includes the parking lot. Parking on the street or other lots is not an option. My last contract was also a gov't facility, but at least there was street parking and I locked up my piece in the vehicle.

Post imported post

I'm a civilian, working on a military installation. Concealed carry is forbidden and all firearms have to be "registered" with the law enforcement desk (Security Police). So, no, I don't carry at work. Can't even leave the firearm in the car. 30 years of active duty & a Top Secret security clearance, notwithstanding.
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire,
    a troublesome servant and a fearful master.” - George Washington

Post imported post

Company policy is against it, especially with a security clearance...

I commute to work on public transportation, so no vehicle to lock it up...

I work in DC :shock:...

I will conceal once the supremes spank DC.

Post imported post

Carry authorized by company owners. The ladies always comment on the style of holsters since I compare it to their shoe or purse purchasing...

Color, style, can never find that perfect one for every outfit. Ok, that sounded strange.

Post imported post

Actually I have two jobs, one of which requires me to carry (armed security) and the other as a tutor at the local university. Even though there is no state law against it, the university does not allow it; the university policy is that any student who is found to be in violation of this policy will be expelled. Since I am not a student, I'm not sure what would happen to me, but nevertheless, I try to remain as discreet as possible about carrying (I carry in a SmartCarry while I'm there).

Post imported post

Oftencarry, but when I do I go the the Camp Allen Range and leave the firearms in the locker before I go to my work building.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I'm lucky enough to work for a family owned retail store that has a weapons policy........"The carry of concealed firearms is fully authorized by **************** Inc. In fact, employees are encouraged to carry concealedwhile at work. Due to the nature of our business, we are a likely target for armed robbery. We believe you must stand ready toprotect yourself everyday so you may see your family every night. It is against company policy to use firearms to prevent the loss of property. All property is fully insured and will not represent a financial burden if lost. You are to defend yourself, NOT OUR PROPERTY."

Best job ever.

Post imported post

Yes, CC. Although it's technically against company policy, one of the owners told me that it is "don't ask, don't tell". Another owner, told me to go ahead.

Post imported post

Everyday for the last four years. Our company has no policy against weapons. Not sure what would happen if someone found out so I'm discreet. I can't carry on my person due to the nature of my work, so I keep it secured close by.

Post imported post

expvideo wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    Of course. Imagine the chaos if someone brought a gun to a military installation.
    Ridiculous isn't it?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

If I was to carry and get caught I would lose my job. They won't even allow it to be locked up in the parking garage. On the bright side however, I've been working to get some changes made in the policy because of the ban they enacted 5 years ago. I have HR & the head of security on my side, now I just have to convince a board of directors and legal. You folks may remember the Seattle Jewish Federation shooting (July 2006)? You should have seen the jaws drop when I informed them the shooter had been a security guard at our company. I’ve gotten a lot of useful information from this site and its many members.

Post imported post

Can't because I go to schools, and sometime travel into Jersey.

Post imported post

My company curiously came out with a new workplace policy manual that no longer states "No Weapons", but instead broadens the policy on workplace harrassment. I treat it as a "concealed means concealed" situation, and haven't had a problem yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast