• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: do you carry to work?

Do you Carry to work?

• Yes, Regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, But against company policy.

• Yes and no, depends on the situation.

• No, because of anti gun laws.

• No, because of company policy.

• No, Just don't feel like it.

• Total voters

savery

imported post

Do you carry to work, or at least to the parking lot? I'm curious.

My response - No, due to anti gun laws (work in MD but live in gun friendly VA)

I look forward to the day when I work in VA again....

FiremanJoe

imported post

Yes, Work in KY they have the can carry to work an can lock in your car with no reprocutions, but live in ohio where it is a AT-Will state. After a few years you just get good at the lock up hide it and go in routine, like changing into work boots after you get to the parkling lot, no one seems to notice if you have a routine that looks normal.

Sa45auto

imported post

If I carry at work it is grounds for immediate dismissal.

I will not state what I do.

Rey

imported post

I started a whole thread on that very issue in VA forum. In my particular case it is highly unlikely that even if discovered carrying they would fire me. They'd simply say, don't bring it to work. Or they may not say a damn thing I don't know. I've been very lucky to have good bosses. But in any case, as I mentioned in that thread, if SHTF so badly that a pair of scissors or some such field expedient office weapon wouldn't suffice, then it's gone beyond job security and I'd rather be prepared for that.

But I understand lots of people are in jobs with an absolute zero tolerance and would be crucified and unemployed rather quickly. VA is an at-will state as well.

Texaschl

imported post

I carry everyday working or not, its my Right to do so .

Plus with my Job , I have to PI/Bail Enforcement officer

eyesopened

imported post

Can't do it. Work site is a gov't facility and that includes the parking lot. Parking on the street or other lots is not an option. My last contract was also a gov't facility, but at least there was street parking and I locked up my piece in the vehicle.

CrossBow33

imported post

I'm a civilian, working on a military installation. Concealed carry is forbidden and all firearms have to be "registered" with the law enforcement desk (Security Police). So, no, I don't carry at work. Can't even leave the firearm in the car. 30 years of active duty & a Top Secret security clearance, notwithstanding.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Company policy is against it, especially with a security clearance...

I commute to work on public transportation, so no vehicle to lock it up...

I work in DC :shock:...

I will conceal once the supremes spank DC. :cool:

pnorm

imported post

Carry authorized by company owners. The ladies always comment on the style of holsters since I compare it to their shoe or purse purchasing...

Color, style, can never find that perfect one for every outfit. Ok, that sounded strange.

tattedupboy

imported post

Actually I have two jobs, one of which requires me to carry (armed security) and the other as a tutor at the local university. Even though there is no state law against it, the university does not allow it; the university policy is that any student who is found to be in violation of this policy will be expelled. Since I am not a student, I'm not sure what would happen to me, but nevertheless, I try to remain as discreet as possible about carrying (I carry in a SmartCarry while I'm there).

Shinz1212

imported post

I'm lucky enough to work for a family owned retail store that has a weapons policy........"The carry of concealed firearms is fully authorized by **************** Inc. In fact, employees are encouraged to carry concealedwhile at work. Due to the nature of our business, we are a likely target for armed robbery. We believe you must stand ready toprotect yourself everyday so you may see your family every night. It is against company policy to use firearms to prevent the loss of property. All property is fully insured and will not represent a financial burden if lost. You are to defend yourself, NOT OUR PROPERTY."

Best job ever.

Forty-five

imported post

Yes, CC. Although it's technically against company policy, one of the owners told me that it is "don't ask, don't tell". Another owner, told me to go ahead.