• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll: do you carry to work?

Do you Carry to work?

• Yes, Regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, But against company policy.

• Yes and no, depends on the situation.

• No, because of anti gun laws.

• No, because of company policy.

• No, Just don't feel like it.

• Total voters

massltca

imported post

Everyday for the last four years. Our company has no policy against weapons. Not sure what would happen if someone found out so I'm discreet. I can't carry on my person due to the nature of my work, so I keep it secured close by.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

If I was to carry and get caught I would lose my job. They won't even allow it to be locked up in the parking garage. On the bright side however, I've been working to get some changes made in the policy because of the ban they enacted 5 years ago. I have HR & the head of security on my side, now I just have to convince a board of directors and legal. You folks may remember the Seattle Jewish Federation shooting (July 2006)? You should have seen the jaws drop when I informed them the shooter had been a security guard at our company. I’ve gotten a lot of useful information from this site and its many members.

compmanio365

imported post

My company curiously came out with a new workplace policy manual that no longer states "No Weapons", but instead broadens the policy on workplace harrassment. I treat it as a "concealed means concealed" situation, and haven't had a problem yet.

zookeeperk9

imported post

Weapons are a violation of Company policy at my work. I carry very discreetly any way. I drive a service truck for them and have to go any place that they get a call and at all hours of the night. Dam right I am packing. I would rather get fired than dead! When I have to take a call at a school, prison or Federal property I hidemy little Revolver in the cab but gooooooood.....

nh92d

imported post

though it's against company policy to even have a weapon in my car while on company property...i still carry while to an from work but lock up my 92 in my car..

work 3rds at a retail store and where it gets hot inside at times,OC wouldn't go unnoticed and neither would CC.