Thread: Low-ride Holster

Post imported post

I prefer to wear outside the pants holsters, but belt rigs seem too high and thigh rigs are just not practical for me. Is there a happy medium?? I carry a Kimber Pro II and an Astra A-75. Both would fit in a colt commander size holster. I have a Safariland batwing holster that, again, just rides too high.

Post imported post

I use a G-Code with the belt slide and IWB attachments.
    The belt slides has room for adjustment, however they offer a low ride option.

I'll bring the holster so you can check it out at a OC outing.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

To clarify: Where do you want the pistol butt to ride in relationship to the top your belt while you are standing?

A B C D
    [line] **

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

State Researcher

Post imported post

Take a look at the rest of Safariland's holster line. If you go to http://www.copquest.com , they have a pretty good list of all the holster "platforms"Safariland offers. They have "drop" platforms that I think will provide the carry height you're looking for.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    To clarify: Where do you want the pistol butt to ride in relationship to the top your belt while you are standing?

A B C D

[line]

Right now it rides about B. I'd like it to ride A or C.

Post imported post

Have you looked at Blade-Tech's offerings? They make kydex holsters, which are kind of modular in that you can swap out the attachment hardware, and they also make the attachment in a "dropped and offset" variant.

Check out the "DOH" (Dropped & Offset Holster") models on the belt holsters page, or if you want more retention (and can afford it), scope out their duty holsters page.

The nice thing is that if you like the holster but don't quite like the attachment hardware, you can just order different attachment hardware and install it yourself with a Phillips screwdriver. You can also adjust the cant yourself.

Post imported post

awesome. Sounds like what I need. I will check them out.

Thanks!