• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Low-ride Holster

Rey

imported post

I prefer to wear outside the pants holsters, but belt rigs seem too high and thigh rigs are just not practical for me. Is there a happy medium?? I carry a Kimber Pro II and an Astra A-75. Both would fit in a colt commander size holster. I have a Safariland batwing holster that, again, just rides too high.

Marco

imported post

I use a G-Code with the belt slide and IWB attachments.
The belt slides has room for adjustment, however they offer a low ride option.

I'll bring the holster so you can check it out at a OC outing.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To clarify: Where do you want the pistol butt to ride in relationship to the top your belt while you are standing?

A B C D
[line] **

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Take a look at the rest of Safariland's holster line. If you go to http://www.copquest.com , they have a pretty good list of all the holster "platforms"Safariland offers. They have "drop" platforms that I think will provide the carry height you're looking for.

Rey

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
To clarify: Where do you want the pistol butt to ride in relationship to the top your belt while you are standing?

A B C D

[line]

Right now it rides about B. I'd like it to ride A or C.

Euromutt

imported post

Have you looked at Blade-Tech's offerings? They make kydex holsters, which are kind of modular in that you can swap out the attachment hardware, and they also make the attachment in a "dropped and offset" variant.

Check out the "DOH" (Dropped & Offset Holster") models on the belt holsters page, or if you want more retention (and can afford it), scope out their duty holsters page.

The nice thing is that if you like the holster but don't quite like the attachment hardware, you can just order different attachment hardware and install it yourself with a Phillips screwdriver. You can also adjust the cant yourself.