• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

45 days later, but I finally got a response

tattedupboy

imported post

A lot of you may remember a thread I posted last month about my experience while shopping at the local ALDI grocery store.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=8138&forum_id=22&jump_to=130989#p130989

After waiting 45 days without receiving a phone call or reply letter, I finally decided today to call the corporate office to see what had happened. The lady who answered was nice, but could not tell me if anyone had received my letter or had taken any action on it. She asked for my information and told me that I should expect a call from the local district manager sometime today. About fifteen minutes later, the call came, and I repeated my story to district manager Sharron Brown (who told me that he had not heard anything about this prior to today), who was very understanding about the whole matter. It just so happened that he called me from the store where the incident took place and was with the store manager, who heard the entire conversation. He told me that the security guard has been relieved of her duties there and assured me that what happened to me that day will never happen to me again. All he asked was that I keep my handgun concealed (the reason being that he feels that patrons carrying exposed firearms makes for a less businesslike environment) from now on, which I have no problem with, since concealed is my preferred mode of carry anyway. Overall, the experience was pleasant, and Mr. Brown was very courteous and professional the entire time.

The main lesson I took away from this was that if I want results from Aldi, the telephone works better than letter writing.