• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

where is the protesteasyguns.com hampton roads lie in?

dude

imported post

ProtestEasyGuns.com is going to be doing a bunch ofappropriately named "lie-ins" on April 16th around the country. One of them is supposed to be in Norfolk. Anyone know where in Norfolk?????

N8

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://protesteasyguns.com/about.html

VIRGINIA
red_dot.jpg
Virginia Tech-32 (12 noon, Drillfield- following the Opening Ceremonies , Blacksburg, VA)
red_dot.jpg
Alexandria#2-32 (12 noon, U.S. Supreme Court, 1 First Street, NE)
red_dot.jpg
Falls Church#2-32 (12 noon, U.S. Supreme Court, 1 First Street, NE)
red_dot.jpg
McLean#2-32 (12 noon, U.S. Supreme Court, 1 First Street, NE)
red_dot.jpg
Portsmouth-32 (5:30 pm, Downtown Portsmouth in front of the Juvenile & Domestic Court
605 Crawford Street)
red_dot.jpg
Richmond#3-32 (11:00 AM at the bell tower on the State Capital Grounds)

April 16th, Rain or shine... i hope it rains.

XD Owner

imported post

I hope the pro-gun freedom side shows up with lots of counter messages.

"Here Lie Victims Disarmed by the State."

"Problem: Deranged Gunman. Solution: Citizen with a CHP and a .45"

"When Seconds Count, Police are Minutes Away."

"Call 911 and Die!"

"Cellphone or Handgun - which is better to prevent this?"

"Next time - Give them a Fighting Chance."

"We Protect our Money Better than We Protect Our Kids - Armed Teachers Make Schools Safer."

"Gun Free Zones Like VT Kill. Ban Gun Free Zones."

"New Life Church has Armed Volunteers, why not VT?" This one you may have to explain to reporters. Tell them to Google Jeanne Assam.

I suggest some in Orange Background with Bold Black Lettering, and others inhigh contrast colors - make it easy for the cameras.

Best wishes.

Neplusultra

imported post

N8 wrote:

VIRGINIA
red_dot.jpg
Virginia Tech-32 (12 noon, Drillfield- following the Opening Ceremonies , Blacksburg, VA)
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
Portsmouth-32 (5:30 pm, Downtown Portsmouth in front of the Juvenile & Domestic Court
605 Crawford Street)
red_dot.jpg

Doesn't it seem a little tasteless to have a protest on the anniversary *at* Va Tech??

hsmith

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Doesn't it seem a little tasteless to have a protest on the anniversary *at* Va Tech??
They don't care, they want to use the dead to push their agenda.

mpg9999

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Yes, very. If you look at the facebook group, which is how they organize, you will see it filled with comments about how insulting it is. Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at VT will not be holding any demonstrations, counter protests, or doing any interviews on April 16th. It's a day of rememberance, we have 364 other days to work on changing the laws. Heres an LTE on the subject that was in VT's newspaper, the CT: http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stor..._protest_easy_guns_not_welcomed_on_our_campus

nova

imported post

Lysander wrote:
bohdi wrote:
Good point. They ought to call it a vigil but these people aren't that intelligent to begin with....
Hey, I'm just glad they're "intellegent" enough to hold their Alexandria, VA, protest in Washington, DC.
Keeps our streets clear. :celebrate
They count a protest at the SCOTUS as Alexandria, McClean, and Falls Church? They sure didn't pass geography, that's for sure.

But one thing is, since they're not doing it in those three locations in VA, that means that no one can OC or even CC to their "protest" since it'll be in DC.:banghead:

Neplusultra

imported post

mpg9999 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Yes, very. If you look at the facebook group, which is how they organize, you will see it filled with comments about how insulting it is. Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at VT will not be holding any demonstrations, counter protests, or doing any interviews on April 16th. It's a day of rememberance, we have 364 other days to work on changing the laws. Heres an LTE on the subject that was in VT's newspaper, the CT: http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/03/28/letter__protest_easy_guns_not_welcomed_on_our_campus
Do you have a link to their facebook page?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
mpg9999 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
Yes, very. If you look at the facebook group, which is how they organize, you will see it filled with comments about how insulting it is. Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at VT will not be holding any demonstrations, counter protests, or doing any interviews on April 16th. It's a day of rememberance, we have 364 other days to work on changing the laws. Heres an LTE on the subject that was in VT's newspaper, the CT: http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/2008/03/28/letter__protest_easy_guns_not_welcomed_on_our_campus
Do you have a link to their facebook page?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5372785101

From their website. Don' t have Facebook, so I can't see it.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N8 wrote:

VIRGINIA
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
red_dot.jpg
605 Crawford Street)
red_dot.jpg

Not at Virginia Tech!!! The Richmond Times Dispair has this story (4/08/2008)...

Virginia Tech blocks plans of gun-control group
Brady Campaign won't get permit for event on April 16

"Virginia Tech said yesterday that it will not allow a national gun-control advocacy group to hold a campus demonstration on April 16 while the school commemorates last year's massacre. ...neither the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence nor the co-sponsor of the planned demonstration, ProtestEasyGuns.com, had applied for an assembly permit, and even if they had, Tech only issues permits to student groups."

ScottyT

imported post

XD Owner wrote:
I hope the pro-gun freedom side shows up with lots of counter messages.

"Here Lie Victims Disarmed by the State."

"Problem: Deranged Gunman. Solution: Citizen with a CHP and a .45"

"When Seconds Count, Police are Minutes Away."

"Call 911 and Die!"

"Cellphone or Handgun - which is better to prevent this?"

"Next time - Give them a Fighting Chance."

"We Protect our Money Better than We Protect Our Kids - Armed Teachers Make Schools Safer."

"Gun Free Zones Like VT Kill. Ban Gun Free Zones."

"New Life Church has Armed Volunteers, why not VT?" This one you may have to explain to reporters. Tell them to Google Jeanne Assam.

I suggest some in Orange Background with Bold Black Lettering, and others inhigh contrast colors - make it easy for the cameras.

Best wishes.
Bravo! I love these. Some guys here have been writing to these fools encouraging them to do a protest in Salt Lake City -- I hope they do!!!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have to work April 16. If I didn't I don't know what I would do. April 16th should be a day of rememberance. I'm not sure how I feel if I were to counter protest.

hsmith

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
I have to work April 16. If I didn't I don't know what I would do. April 16th should be a day of rememberance. I'm not sure how I feel if I were to counter protest.
Obama and Hillary are having a "debate" in Philly on the 16th as well to debate "sensable gun restrictions"

Nothing like exploitation!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hsmith wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
Obama and Hillary are having a "debate" in Philly on the 16th as well to debate "sensable gun restrictions"

Nothing like exploitation!day,
Yeah, but they are two wicked people and when it comes to guns they are out of touch with the working class. I don't know, I would love to go and fire those assclowns up like I did on lobby day but I'm not going to do it alone.