Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Open Carry Day

Post imported post

National Open Carry, Independence Day and Weekend 2008

Everyday hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens carry handguns for self defense all across America. Most of those arms are concealed. Open Carry Day and Open Carry Weekend seek to bring those people who normally carry concealed out of the shadows and into the light. As responsible firearms owners we understand that firearms do not cause crime, but rather prevent and stop crime. In that light we bring to you the National Open Carry Day© and National Open Carry Weekend©.
    Sweet! :celebrate

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I think its a good start. Does anyone know if the page affiliated with any forum members?

State Researcher

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I think its a good start. Does anyone know if the page affiliated with any forum members?
    I'm wondering the same thing. What makes a "national *insert topic here* day" official? Is this one official?

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    I'm wondering the same thing. What makes a "national *insert topic here* day" official? Is this one official?
    Got me.. what makes anything 'offical'? Like the National buy ammo day or national plant a tree day.

I just think somebody has to be the first to do it. I'd like to start 'National buy a gun day" Whose with me?

Seriously I hope this thing really takes off. It'd be nice to point to X number of people who OC'ed (or open holstered) nationwide and say see "we told you" followed by a huge letter and phone call push to get nation wide carry.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Prometheus wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Got me.. what makes anything 'offical'? Like the National buy ammo day or national plant a tree day.

I just think somebody has to be the first to do it. I'd like to start 'National buy a gun day" Whose with me?

Seriously I hope this thing really takes off. It'd be nice to point to X number of people who OC'ed (or open holstered) nationwide and say see "we told you" followed by a huge letter and phone call push to get nation wide carry.
    Instead of national buy a gun day, can we make it National Free Guns Day? Or maybe just National Free Ammo Day lol.

Post imported post

reQo wrote:
    Instead of national buy a gun day, can we make it National Free Guns Day? Or maybe just National Free Ammo Day lol.
    I'd be game for that

On a side note I can't believe how little response this has gotten here. Frankly I'm shocked, this is the least touched thread about this I've seen anywhere. Wow.

Anyway I've been checking around and this thing seems to have taken legs, it's on everyboard I goto (and I only reposted it twice, lol). Nice to see so many OC'ers coming out of the closet!
    :celebrate

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Cause EVERY day is OpenCarry day for us!

Post imported post

Well that's stupid. They say there's an open carry weekend but don't bother telling when?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Well that's stupid. They say there's an open carry weekend but don't bother telling when?
    From the linked page:
    The next National Open Carry Weekend is July 4th, 5th and 6th, 2008
    Soooo yeah.

Anyway, I e-mailed the guy just to say hi and ask if he was a member of OCDO, and to ask if this was an "official" day, or just an unofficial proclamation. Here's the e-mail and response that I got:

Hi. I was just pointed to your page by a thread on OCDO). I've been a member of that forum for quite some time, and I'm curious if youare a member of or affiliated with OCDO. I'm also wondering what makes a national day of any sort official, and if National Open Carry Day is indeed "official". :-)

Respectfully,
    (DreQo)
    Glad to see the word is getting around! I'm not sure what you mean by "official".

Greeting card companies invent holidays such as "Sweetest's Day" in order to further their agendas (making more money) and I've decided to further the message of Freedom and Liberty by having a "Open Carry Day".

I'm fairly certain the Second Amendment makes this "official".

In Liberty,
    Joe
    I found that a little snippy , so I replied:

Joe-

From what I understand, cities, counties, states, etc. can declare an official holiday, so I guess I was wondering if anything to that extent had been accomplished. Here's a wiki-article on public holidays: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_of_the_United_States.

Anyway you didn't say whether or not you're active on http://www.opencarry.org. If not, you certainly should be! :-) If it wasn't for OCDO, I certainly wouldn't be openly carrying right now at all. You should see about working with the owners, there, to get the most out of this!

-(DreQo)
    Haven't gotten a reply yet. I would be REALLY surprised if he would be seeminglyso involved with open carry and not a member of this site lol.

Post imported post

Prometheus wrote:
    I vote for Tuesday to be the National Buy A gun Day!

A gun a week whether you need it or not!

Post imported post

They should rethink the "copyright" symbol they are using on that page. Mike and John own the TM to the term "open carry".

State Researcher

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    They should rethink the "copyright" symbol they are using on that page. Mike and John own the TM to the term "open carry".
    lol Oh yeah? Can you copyright something that's been trademarked?

Post imported post

well, I will be taking my permit class on 4/12, and applying for my permit (hopefully) the week after that.. hopefully, my permit will get to me in time to participate.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    From the linked page:
    That link doesn't make it through the .mil firewall. So unless the OP hoped the military wouldn't participate, it would be helpful to copy/paste the text into the post.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    well, I will be taking my permit class on 4/12, and applying for my permit (hopefully) the week after that.. hopefully, my permit will get to me in time to participate.
    What state are you in that you need a permit to carry open?

I'm interested, but Mike and John also have asked that people show their state in their profile so they can use the numbers when they speak to the press.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    unreconstructed1 wrote:
    What state are you in that you need a permit to carry open?

I'm interested, but Mike and John also have asked that people show their state in their profile so they can use the numbers when they speak to the press.
    I live in Tennessee.

I'll add my location to my profile here in a minute.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    DreQo wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    From the linked page:
    That link doesn't make it through the .mil firewall. So unless the OP hoped the military wouldn't participate, it would be helpful to copy/paste the text into the post.
    National Open Carry Day[size=2 pt]©[/size]

and

National Open Carry Weekend[size=2 pt]©[/size]

Because "a Right restricted is a Right denied" and "a Right not exercised is a Right lost."

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson

The next National Open Carry Day is July 4th, 2008

Everyday hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens carry handguns for self defense all across America. Most of those arms are concealed. "Open Carry Day and Open Carry Weekend seek to bring those people who normally carry concealed out of the shadows and into the light. As responsible firearms owners we understand that firearms do not cause crime, but rather prevent and stop crime. In that light we bring to you the National Open Carry Day[size=2 pt]©[/size] and National Open Carry Weekend[size=2 pt]©[/size].

If you live in a state that precludes open carry consider wearing a empty holster to show solidarity

Thank you all for the overwhelming response thus far. A quick google search of the words "Nation Open Carry" yields dozens of hits on many different message boards and blogs, not bad for this page only having been up since 3-28-2008. Please continue to spread the word!

This idea and webpage is a work in progress. It is merely a start to inform those who fear firearms and to work towards the removal of unConstitutional legislation that infringes on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Including those laws that prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying a firearm. Please check back frequently as we get this off the ground.

***Please ensure that Open Carry is lawful in your state before openly carrying a firearm.***

***We are NOT responsible for your lack of knowledge on state laws regarding open or concealed carry***

*** Please carry responsibly and lawfully***

If you are planning on participating please drop an E-mail with your state initials to: National Open Carry

Selected Quotes:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book,"

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;..." Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. 1824. ME 16:45.

The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them." Zachariah Johnson, 3 Elliot, Debates at 646 (June 25, 1788).

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3 Elliot,
    Debates at 380)

[size=2 pt]© 2007, 2008 All Rights Reserved[/size]

Post imported post

Thanks for posting the info. I too couldn't view it here at work. Darm Gov. computers.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Post imported post

You're welcome.

TJ

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm

National Open Carry Day

and

National Open Carry Weekend

Because "a Right restricted is a Right denied" and "a Right not exercised is a Right lost."

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson

The next National Open Carry Day is July 4th, 2008

Everyday hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens carry handguns for self defense all across America. Most of those arms are concealed. "Open Carry Day and Open Carry Weekend seek to bring those people who normally carry concealed out of the shadows and into the light. As responsible firearms owners we understand that firearms do not cause crime, but rather prevent and stop crime. In that light we bring to you the National Open Carry Day[size=2 pt][][size=]©][/size][/size] and National Open Carry Weekend[size=2 pt][][size=]©][/size][/size].

If you live in a state that precludes open carry consider wearing a empty holster to show solidarity

Thank you all for the overwhelming response thus far. A quick google search of the words "Nation Open Carry" yields dozens of hits on many different message boards and blogs, not bad for this page only having been up since 3-28-2008. Please continue to spread the word!

This idea and webpage is a work in progress. It is merely a start to inform those who fear firearms and to work towards the removal of unConstitutional legislation that infringes on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Including those laws that prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying a firearm. Please check back frequently as we get this off the ground.

***Please ensure that Open Carry is lawful in your state before openly carrying a firearm.***

***We are NOT responsible for your lack of knowledge on state laws regarding open or concealed carry***

*** Please carry responsibly and lawfully***

Post imported post

I shall participate.

Post imported post

I shall participate as well, if only on my own property here in the People's Republic of Chicago.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

The beauty of being a Virginian is that every day is an Open Carry (or concealed carry) celebration day. In this respect, July 4th will just be like any other day.

However, for those of you in states where OC'ing is not allowed, I think carrying an empty holster is a super idea and I hope y'all see a boatload of them on the 4th.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I'm IN!!!!:celebrate
    And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

State Researcher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast