Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clark brothers near Warrenton

Post imported post

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Yes
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Post imported post

Ya... what Peter said.. I think....

Post imported post

Post imported post

yes slow fire only

Post imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
    Ya... what Peter said.. I think....
    Here's a shocker, it wasa derogatory comment in my direction (at least in another language this time. I guess that's a plus).:celebrate

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!!!!

Post imported post

outsick wrote:
    yes slow fire only
    thx

Post imported post

I do like to sail:shock:

It's a fairly nice range and Clark Brothers is an Icon in the area.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    I do like to sail:shock:

It's a fairly nice range and Clark Brothers is an Icon in the area.

Post imported post

The folks at Clark Bros provide a nice service in an, otherwise, "shoot in the back yard" environment. It does have somedrawbacks like that you have to buy your ammo and targets there to use the range. 45 ACP, for example, runs about $18 per 50 for Wolf (voids most warrantees) and $25 per 50 for Winchester "white box" (Wal Mart sells for around $15).

Also, its just a stand and plink facility. If you're at all interested in honing skills that are useful for self defense, its limited. No draw practice, reloading drills are tough in the stalls, and if you drop a mag past the bench, you get to wait 15-30 min to retrieve it.

The moral is that its convenient if you work in town, live in the country and just need to blow off steam. I shoot every 1-2 weeks there and find it useful with these considerations.

I would love to find someplace to shoot regularly within 30 miles of 211 & 229 where I can actually shoot. If anyone knows a place let me know...!

Post imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
    The folks at Clark Bros provide a nice service in an, otherwise, "shoot in the back yard" environment. It does have somedrawbacks like that you have to buy your ammo and targets there to use the range. 45 ACP, for example, runs about $18 per 50 for Wolf (voids most warrantees) and $25 per 50 for Winchester "white box" (Wal Mart sells for around $15).

Also, its just a stand and plink facility. If you're at all interested in honing skills that are useful for self defense, its limited. No draw practice, reloading drills are tough in the stalls, and if you drop a mag past the bench, you get to wait 15-30 min to retrieve it.

The moral is that its convenient if you work in town, live in the country and just need to blow off steam. I shoot every 1-2 weeks there and find it useful with these considerations.

I would love to find someplace to shoot regularly within 30 miles of 211 & 229 where I can actually shoot. If anyone knows a place let me know...!
    Thanks. I haven't fired in awhile and need to stay current on the ole skills. I actually find my .38 harder to fire than my old glock. You live a good ways away from there, I'm shocked there's nothing closer.

Post imported post

Chickahominy is closer to you and while they have closed the handgun range, I am sure mouse guns are still allowed. If not, I have no idea where the blackshirts go

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=1

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Chickahominy is closer to you and while they have closed the handgun range, I am sure mouse guns are still allowed. If not, I have no idea where the blackshirts go

That's a LONG way away bro, I'd have to pack a lunch to get there!! Yeah, I need to get back to the .45, I miss it. The .38 was a gift. It's nice, but I miss the big dog!!

Post imported post

I actually live at the intersection of 211 & 229, and Clark's is 10ish miles away. I'd just like to get back to IDPA/IPSC like shooting without having to go to Fredrickburg , Charlottesville or Winchester. Blackshirts... Hmmm... I know a few of those locations, I'll have to check... As for Chickahominy, you mentioned it has a "closed handgun" range... Are there ranges their? Could it be revitalized with support?

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    peter nap wrote:

That's a LONG way away bro, I'd have to pack a lunch to get there!! Yeah, I need to get back to the .45, I miss it. The .38 was a gift. It's nice, but I miss the big dog!!
    Yeah, I just looked at the map. I keep thinking your further west.

Post imported post

Well, maybe I'll see ya there on Sunday... Usually work on target acquisition drillsfor a 100 rnds or so then move on to open my store in Culpeper by noon...

Post imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
    Well, maybe I'll see ya there on Sunday... Usually work on target acquisition drillsfor a 100 rnds or so then move on to open my store in Culpeper by noon...

Post imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
    I actually live at the intersection of 211 & 229, and Clark's is 10ish miles away. I'd just like to get back to IDPA/IPSC like shooting without having to go to Fredrickburg , Charlottesville or Winchester. Blackshirts... Hmmm... I know a few of those locations, I'll have to check... As for Chickahominy, you mentioned it has a "closed handgun" range... Are there ranges their? Could it be revitalized with support?
    They do have ranges but it is a Wildlife Management Area and they decided to close the handgun ranges. I expect it's signed in blood.

The change was made under the old director and interim director after the old director got caught with his hand in the till (so to speak)....The New director is a friend of mine so I guess I won't badmouth him (Just yet anyway)

FYI..Definition of a blackshirt.
    A thin, pasty little fellow who wears black underarmor shirts, thick, black, plastic rimmed glasses, and talks very fast. Most of his comments are in military acronyms even though he was likely rejected for being a thin pastey little fellow.

Spends all his money on useless gizmos for his AR and on HAM radio equipment.

Very difficult to be around for more than 30 seconds.

Post imported post

Every couple weeks I try to stop in... Been eye'n a couple Kimber's and Nighthawks, waiting for Uncle "sugar" to help me fund my next fix. I haven't struck up any friendships there, but usually just come to drool and buy something to help support and keep his shop afloat. In fact, he's the one that gave me info on the IDPA range toward charlottesville.

Post imported post

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    The_Side_of_Good wrote:
    Every couple weeks I try to stop in... Been eye'n a couple Kimber's and Nighthawks, waiting for Uncle "sugar" to help me fund my next fix.* I haven't struck up any friendships there, but usually just come to drool and buy something to help support and keep his shop afloat.* In fact, he's the one that gave me info on the IDPA range toward charlottesville.
    Yeah, those Kimbers are nice (a little rich for my blood right now).* The owner's name is Brett.* Taller skinny guy with dark hair, mid 30's.* Real good guy.* My friend got his AR from there and he hooked him up with a real good deal.
    We're building a little Culpeper sect here in the VA board...

I live just down the street from Grey Ghost. I got my shiny new Tarus 1911 from them about a month ago. (Yummy!)

Anyone wants to get together for a Clark bros. run, I'm game. I agree their rules are a bit stifling, but there's nowhere else within a decent drive, and while the ammo is more expensive, the range is free, so I figure it all comes out in the wash.

The_Side_Of_Good, do you mind saying which is "your store" in Culpeper?

Post imported post

Wow, what's the chances of this? BTW, are you guys aware of the consolidation issue? That business guy trying to get it through scammed a couple of our neighbors with signing the petition last year. I want nothing to do with it personally.

What kind of Taurus do you have? Mine is a little 5 shot. Nice little gun and is easy to conceal. Wearing the thunderwear gives me paust sometimes though. But I think it's needed walking around the wal-mart, kinda getting some slim shady individuals around there.

Post imported post

Disregard, I didn't even finish your post. How much did you pay for it?

Post imported post

The super-awesome PT-1911...

I'm in love, and it only cost about 1/2 of a Kimber or SA. :celebrate

I know about the consolidation issue, but I don't have enough useful information to make a decision. So far I've heard a lot of bluster and posturing, mainly from the vocal leaders of the pro-consolidation side. I'm willing to keep an open mind for now, and see what the final proposal is.

Basically, if I get to keep the same benefits I have now as a town resident (we live just inside the town border to the west), for the same or less money, then I'm fine with it. If I'm going to loose services or see an increase in total taxes then screw 'em.

I do think the town has needs and views that are unique from the county, so any combined government would need to be structured in a way that the combined government is able to respond to town specific issues.

Post imported post

nitrovic wrote:
    Disregard, I didn't even finish your post.* How much did you pay for it?
    Like posts, crossing in the night....

Somewhere around $550 before tax, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast