• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark brothers near Warrenton

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yes
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

nitrovic

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Ya... what Peter said.. I think.... :D

Here's a shocker, it wasa derogatory comment in my direction (at least in another language this time. I guess that's a plus).:celebrate

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I do like to sail:shock:

It's a fairly nice range and Clark Brothers is an Icon in the area.

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

The folks at Clark Bros provide a nice service in an, otherwise, "shoot in the back yard" environment. It does have somedrawbacks like that you have to buy your ammo and targets there to use the range. 45 ACP, for example, runs about $18 per 50 for Wolf (voids most warrantees) and $25 per 50 for Winchester "white box" (Wal Mart sells for around $15).

Also, its just a stand and plink facility. If you're at all interested in honing skills that are useful for self defense, its limited. No draw practice, reloading drills are tough in the stalls, and if you drop a mag past the bench, you get to wait 15-30 min to retrieve it.

The moral is that its convenient if you work in town, live in the country and just need to blow off steam. I shoot every 1-2 weeks there and find it useful with these considerations.

I would love to find someplace to shoot regularly within 30 miles of 211 & 229 where I can actually shoot. If anyone knows a place let me know...!

nitrovic

imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
The folks at Clark Bros provide a nice service in an, otherwise, "shoot in the back yard" environment. It does have somedrawbacks like that you have to buy your ammo and targets there to use the range. 45 ACP, for example, runs about $18 per 50 for Wolf (voids most warrantees) and $25 per 50 for Winchester "white box" (Wal Mart sells for around $15).

Also, its just a stand and plink facility. If you're at all interested in honing skills that are useful for self defense, its limited. No draw practice, reloading drills are tough in the stalls, and if you drop a mag past the bench, you get to wait 15-30 min to retrieve it.

The moral is that its convenient if you work in town, live in the country and just need to blow off steam. I shoot every 1-2 weeks there and find it useful with these considerations.

I would love to find someplace to shoot regularly within 30 miles of 211 & 229 where I can actually shoot. If anyone knows a place let me know...!
Thanks. I haven't fired in awhile and need to stay current on the ole skills. I actually find my .38 harder to fire than my old glock. You live a good ways away from there, I'm shocked there's nothing closer.

nitrovic

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Chickahominy is closer to you and while they have closed the handgun range, I am sure mouse guns are still allowed. If not, I have no idea where the blackshirts go :D

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=1
That's a LONG way away bro, I'd have to pack a lunch to get there!! Yeah, I need to get back to the .45, I miss it. The .38 was a gift. It's nice, but I miss the big dog!!

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

I actually live at the intersection of 211 & 229, and Clark's is 10ish miles away. I'd just like to get back to IDPA/IPSC like shooting without having to go to Fredrickburg , Charlottesville or Winchester. Blackshirts... Hmmm... I know a few of those locations, I'll have to check... As for Chickahominy, you mentioned it has a "closed handgun" range... Are there ranges their? Could it be revitalized with support?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nitrovic wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Chickahominy is closer to you and while they have closed the handgun range, I am sure mouse guns are still allowed. If not, I have no idea where the blackshirts go :D

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wmas/detail.asp?pid=1
That's a LONG way away bro, I'd have to pack a lunch to get there!! Yeah, I need to get back to the .45, I miss it. The .38 was a gift. It's nice, but I miss the big dog!!

Yeah, I just looked at the map. I keep thinking your further west.

nitrovic

imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
Well, maybe I'll see ya there on Sunday... Usually work on target acquisition drillsfor a 100 rnds or so then move on to open my store in Culpeper by noon...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

The_Side_of_Good wrote:
I actually live at the intersection of 211 & 229, and Clark's is 10ish miles away. I'd just like to get back to IDPA/IPSC like shooting without having to go to Fredrickburg , Charlottesville or Winchester. Blackshirts... Hmmm... I know a few of those locations, I'll have to check... As for Chickahominy, you mentioned it has a "closed handgun" range... Are there ranges their? Could it be revitalized with support?

They do have ranges but it is a Wildlife Management Area and they decided to close the handgun ranges. I expect it's signed in blood.

The change was made under the old director and interim director after the old director got caught with his hand in the till (so to speak)....The New director is a friend of mine so I guess I won't badmouth him (Just yet anyway:D)

FYI..Definition of a blackshirt.
A thin, pasty little fellow who wears black underarmor shirts, thick, black, plastic rimmed glasses, and talks very fast. Most of his comments are in military acronyms even though he was likely rejected for being a thin pastey little fellow.

Spends all his money on useless gizmos for his AR and on HAM radio equipment.

Very difficult to be around for more than 30 seconds.

The_Side_of_Good

imported post

Every couple weeks I try to stop in... Been eye'n a couple Kimber's and Nighthawks, waiting for Uncle "sugar" to help me fund my next fix. I haven't struck up any friendships there, but usually just come to drool and buy something to help support and keep his shop afloat. In fact, he's the one that gave me info on the IDPA range toward charlottesville.