• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Gun Owners?

Marco

imported post

Many of us are Hunters, OC'ers and CC'ers.
Rude comments towards any group doesn't unite but divides us.
Not accusing anyone for making them, just a general statement.

I recently had a friend slam on those who own NFA items, he got a quick education and soon retracted his comments.

It doesn't matter whether you own/use a bolt/FA rifle, revolver/SA, double barrel/pump or SA shotgun.
We are all guns owners and need to unite to defend our rights,we are fighting for the same cause.

Take someone shooting with a weapon they oppose, it worked on Jim Zumbo and my friend.

Having another Allie in the fight, priceless.

Now, if we could just get everyone to own a 10mm.;)
Converts welcome.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I am somewhat of a student of human behavior and as such I would hypothesize that in 1987, if FL had started the re-evolution of our 2A rights by making OC legal with full state pre-emption, that we would now have 48 states w/preempted OC, <30 with CC and most of these anti-OC posters would be on a forum like this talking about the tactical advantages of OC and how stupid it is to want to try to obtain a concealed carry permit because by gosh, most state constitutions recognize the RKBA but reserve the right to restrict CC - obviously the intent of the 2A is OC, and anyway, LACs OCing is a strong deterrent to criminals. :celebrate

imperialism2024

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
I recall making a post once that robbers know they're safe to invade a home with an NRA sticker on the front window, since they know that provided the man of the house is home (he's the only one who's allowed to touch the guns), he'll need to go to the basement safe, open it up, take off the triple trigger locks, go to the shed, open the ammo safe, take out and unlock the ammo lockbox, then load up the gun (three round maximum), put on face paint and some deer urine, and can then finally confront the robber...

What do you "confront the robber..."?

Wouldn't the home owner set up a blind and wait for the robber to enter a predefined safe field of fire?
Sounds like more of a hardcore CCer position... gotta keep the "element of surpise"! :lol:

I tend to think, and perhaps I am alone in this thinking, that if you support banning any kind of gun, or any kind of carry, you acknowledge that some significant restrictions are proper, and thus you fall into the "gun banner" group.

I also take issue with the "all gun owners need to unite" opinion. This is what leads to compromise. This is why we'll never be able to own machineguns unregistered. This point of view takes the bell curve, and ignores those who fall on the lip of the bell... therefore when we "unite", the right to keep and bear arms will always remain infringed to a significant extent. What is needed is truth. The Constitution recognizes certain rights, whether or not the majority of gun owners recognizes that or not. If it's necessary to cast out members of the gun-owning community because they think our guns are too scary to be legal, then so be it. By all means we need to try to get these people to see the issue objectively, but if not... a few drops of acid burn more than a glass of water.