• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing at the Pancake house in Falls Church today, I saw this sign...

hsmith

imported post

and I think it summed up the "struggle" over the last few months perfectly

pancakehouse-3.jpg

eat is Saslaw

pancakehouse-1.jpg

LEO 229

imported post

So what did you pick from the menu? :D

I like the added saying at the bottom.... So true!

hsmith

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
That is a struggle, I like both ham and bacon........tough choice....:)
Bacon wins every time!

I must try this recipe i saw for cooking bacon. Coating it with brown sugar, YUM

hsmith

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
So what did you pick from the menu? :D

I like the added saying at the bottom.... So true!
the boss got an omlet that came with flap jacks, so i just took those. it is a greta place, i love their food.

Sa45auto

imported post

hsmith wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
That is a struggle, I like both ham and bacon........tough choice....:)
Bacon wins every time!

I must try this recipe i saw for cooking bacon. Coating it with brown sugar, YUM
Man you're making me hungry......that bacon and brown sugar sort of sounds like bacon with syrup on it from your pancakes.....Now I am hungry..:what:

Phssthpok

imported post

Pointman wrote:
hsmith wrote:

It is good. Place AL foil over baking dish, put bacon in & lightly sprinkle w/brown sugar, bake @400 till done. No mess.
If you REALLY wanna go for the artery-hardening-goodness, wrap little smokies in bacon, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake as above. (Honey also works....gives a better 'crispy' glaze, but the flavor isn't as intense);)

nova

imported post

Great...now I'll have to try both of those ideas this weekend when I get home from school. That sounds soooo good...I've never had bacon that wasn't either fried in a pan or microwaved :lol:
Though a good recipe I heard (and tried...yum!) was chopping up bacon and mixing it with ground beef, before forming burgers to grill. That was very good!

hsmith

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
You know this whole thread is horribly off topic, which is not surprising. What is surprising is no one seems to notice or care :^).
still talking about breakfast!

nickerj1

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
You know this whole thread is horribly off topic, which is not surprising. What is surprising is no one seems to notice or care :^).

You mean the shirt? He seems fairly competitive with all that "training harder than I" routine.

Other than that, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Bullbuster

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:

Whats wrong with the fake plant. They require minimal watering.

However I seen this on a sign someplace but not sure where it was but "The greatest pleasures in life is doing what people say you can not do".

MarkNH

State Researcher
imported post

Talking of brown sugar and bacon.... if you are a hunter and need a good recipe for a venison tenderlion try this:

[*] 2lbs venison tenderloins(a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef) [*] 1/2lb bacon[*]3 cups brown sugar
[*] 2cups soy sauce Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy soy liquid.

Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.

Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge. It's best to marinate for 8 hours if you have the time. Also GREAT to use a Food Saver or other Vacuum device to Vacuum pack/seal the meat with Marinade. With this method, you can achieve Overnight-level marinade in just a couple hours!

Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.

Wrap a piece of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.

Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.

Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin. You can continue to baste the loin with the marinade throughout the cooking process with either a brush or a turkey baster.

Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.

Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.

I got that recipe from http://www.recipezaar.com/139664 and it is great!

Sleepless

imported post

Stop talking about food, I am hungry like hell already and you guys ain't making it any better talking about food. :banghead:

Hmm we should maybe have a meeting some day at one of our homes and we can try out different recipes at different meetings. :)

Bullbuster

imported post

MarkNH wrote:
Talking of brown sugar and bacon.... if you are a hunter and need a good recipe for a venison tenderlion try this:

[*]2lbs venison tenderloins(a single deer loin or Moose or Elk or Pork or Beef)
[*]1/2lb bacon
[*]3 cups brown sugar

[*]2cups soy sauce Mix brown Sugar and Soy sauce together in a bowl. They should combine nicely into a soupy soy liquid.

Put Deer Loin in a cooking tray and pour Brown Sugar/Soy Sauce mixture over loin. Roll tenderloin over in mixture, completely covering it.

Let meat marinate in mixture at least 3 hours or overnight in fridge. It's best to marinate for 8 hours if you have the time. Also GREAT to use a Food Saver or other Vacuum device to Vacuum pack/seal the meat with Marinade. With this method, you can achieve Overnight-level marinade in just a couple hours!

Remove loin from tray, and place on a slotted bake sheet with a drip pan or aluminum foil below to catch dripping. Don't throw away marinade.

Wrap a piece of bacon around the very end of the tenderloin, securing the bacon strip with a toothpick.

Repeat this process until the entire loin is wrapped in ten or so bacon "loops." The tenderloin should look like an arm with a bunch of wrist watches on it, the watches being the bacon strips.

Drizzle remaining marinade over deer loin. You can continue to baste the loin with the marinade throughout the cooking process with either a brush or a turkey baster.

Place on center rack in oven and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.

Remove from oven and place on cutting board. Using a knife, cut the loin between each strip of bacon so that you have many pieces of meat, each with their own toothpick.

I got that recipe from http://www.recipezaar.com/139664 and it is great!
Thanks I'll have to try that. I'm the only one in my house besides my son who will eat wild game.