• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home invasions

imported post

Is it me?, or has there been a dramtic increase of Home invasions in the Boise area recently? altho I suspect many of them are not random.

How many of you keep your weapon holstered at home at all times?

Don't know if you guys watch the news or not, but a couple weeks ago, there was a guy that got stabbed at his g/f's apartment by the girls ex-b/f. turned out to be one of my freinds brother. long story short, he took on all 7 guys, when the kid stabbed him, the vic stepped back and was like WTF???, and the perp was shocked, and was some how expecting him to just drop down dead, the vic ran back and grabbed a baseball bat and went outside and took all 7 of them on!

the video on ktvb shows him with a blackeye, but that was a result of a bar fight the night before. those kids were lucky he wasn't packing!

but then agian, the vic is no angel, he is known as a hard core scrapper in his circle.

BrianEMT

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
wow, hey for homedefense, (I live with my parents) I still keep my 12 gauge remington loaded. talk about stopping a perp!

And also less maneuverable and easier for the suspect to disarm you...for a house I would honestly not use anything other than a handgun with nice sights...

I have noticed that crime in the Boise area is on the rise, a few years ago watching the news all you hear about is all the good deeds the Boise people are doing for the community...now its:

"BREAKING NEWS:

A man is shot in his home.

An elderly woman is raped and beaten in her home."

It's getting ridiculous...and all the more reason to OC anytime you go anywhere remotely dangerous...the bank...at night...etc...

gator

imported post

I live in a two level condo. (No kids) I keep a loaded .45 and a loaded .12GA shotgun upstairs as well as a loaded .45 and a loaded AR-15 downstairs.:D:D:D

Eagleeye

imported post

Another New one, this sudden crime spike is just weird.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-mar3108-kidnapping.1a56a615.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
[size="+2"]UPDATE: Kidnapper shoots woman, kills self[/size] [size="-1"]01:27 PM MDT on Monday, March 31, 2008[/size] [size="-1"]KTVB.COM[/size] BOISE - Police say a man broke into a home and kidnapped a woman Sunday night in Boise.
Now, the Box Elder County, UT Sheriff's Office tells NewsChannel 7 that the suspect shot the kidnapped woman in the leg before shooting and killing himself.
The kidnapping happened last night at about 9:45 p.m. at a home on North Liberty St. in Boise near Franklin and Allumbaugh. Witnesses called police and said they saw a man with a gun.
Police say when they responded to the home, it looked like someone busted in - and a woman in her mid-40s was nowhere to be found. Three children inside the home ran to a neighbors home. They were not harmed.
The Box Elder County Sheriff's Office said just after 2 a.m., the man stopped at a convenience store near Snowville, UT and tried to purchase beer. A clerk at the store refused to sell the beer since it was after the legal hours for selling alcohol. Police say he then stole the beer and took off.
Early this morning, two rabbit hunters spotted the couple in a secluded area in Box Elder County arguing. The hunters said they thought something was "weird" about the situation, and alerted the Box Elder Sheriff's Office - then left the area.
Before deputies could respond, the man shot the woman in the leg. She was taken by helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital. She is alive, but her condition is not known.
The man then turned the gun on himself as sheriff's deupties approached. He died from the gun shot.
Officers say there's a history of violence between the suspect and victim. They have not released the name of either in this case.

--------------------------------------------------------------

coyote1

imported post

i allways liketo be perpered than not so i carry every were.criminals know no boundrys and dont care . what the public doesent understand is that the police are for law inforcesment notin the buisness of protection .thats why they cant help until a crime has been commited.your only answer is to help yourself .

coyote1

imported post

dont tell everybody about it thats how the crimminals find out and then your stuff is gone so keep most of your info quietand to yourself.

coyote1

imported post

hey eageleye it shows your on line were are you at do you oc in your town and whats the reaction you get from the public.:question::question:

coyote1

imported post

good night to all my buds out there keep ocing if you can lets keep up the fight for are legal rights ..hey i have a big quistion a coupel of weeks ago my daughter. had a girl she just met who was 19 yearsold and on probation for alchohal.dui her probation.said she could only drive to work .she came to my daughters.work.took her to party toparty knowing she didnt have a drivers licence.and was 17 years old she told her to drive her car because she didnt want to get into trouble.well my daughter became drunk .when this girl took her out .she crashed her car into two parked cars .and told the cops she stole it when she had her drive all night .the cops wouldnt file charges.on that point now the girl is trying to sue us for the car ????? she sold the car to a friend would said he could fix it .my daughter was arrested and spent jail time and is paying her fines the girl hasent .faced up to her part in the matter .i go to smaal claims court in april 28 it al ready was dissmissed ounce .already i belive that i shouldnt be responsible for the dameges because contributary negglegence.on the adults part she supplied the alcohal to a juvenle.knowing that she was only 17 .does any think that i should pay for a adults neglegence :question::question::question::question::question:any lawyers out there :question::question::question:my lawyer told me not to pay and dont worry.anybody think the same :question::question::question::question::question:let me know what you think. i will let you all know what happens thanks for listening.coyote1 have a good one :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

BrianEMT

imported post

Four posts and not one more comprehensible than another, I say you can't be a day over 14. I mean I could be wrong, but I trust myself on this one.

Law enforcement are out there not only to stop crime, but to PREVENT crime, solving problems...this doesn't mean that you cannot spend some time protecting yourself...because there is less than one cop per...300 people usually?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I don't always carry at home, but there is always a loaded gun within easy reach. 12 guage pump next to the bed or the couch (depending on where I'm spending my time that day) and my normal carry piece on my computer desk or kitchen table. I've been considering hiding my small 45 somewhere with easy access. It's nice not having kids and being able to trust your roommate (also a gun nut). Anytime I have company, the easy access to the guns is removed and my handgun is holstered.

Boostaholic

imported post

Eagleeye wrote:
Another New one, this sudden crime spike is just weird.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-mar3108-kidnapping.1a56a615.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
[size="+2"]UPDATE: Kidnapper shoots woman, kills self[/size] [size="-1"]01:27 PM MDT on Monday, March 31, 2008[/size] [size="-1"]KTVB.COM[/size] BOISE - Police say a man broke into a home and kidnapped a woman Sunday night in Boise.
Now, the Box Elder County, UT Sheriff's Office tells NewsChannel 7 that the suspect shot the kidnapped woman in the leg before shooting and killing himself.
The kidnapping happened last night at about 9:45 p.m. at a home on North Liberty St. in Boise near Franklin and Allumbaugh. Witnesses called police and said they saw a man with a gun.
Police say when they responded to the home, it looked like someone busted in - and a woman in her mid-40s was nowhere to be found. Three children inside the home ran to a neighbors home. They were not harmed.
The Box Elder County Sheriff's Office said just after 2 a.m., the man stopped at a convenience store near Snowville, UT and tried to purchase beer. A clerk at the store refused to sell the beer since it was after the legal hours for selling alcohol. Police say he then stole the beer and took off.
Early this morning, two rabbit hunters spotted the couple in a secluded area in Box Elder County arguing. The hunters said they thought something was "weird" about the situation, and alerted the Box Elder Sheriff's Office - then left the area.
Before deputies could respond, the man shot the woman in the leg. She was taken by helicopter to a Salt Lake City hospital. She is alive, but her condition is not known.
The man then turned the gun on himself as sheriff's deupties approached. He died from the gun shot.
Officers say there's a history of violence between the suspect and victim. They have not released the name of either in this case.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Shit that was right by my house!

Eagleeye

imported post

563 wrote:
Sooner or later these 3 thugs will be caught, and for their sake lets hope its not one of us that catches them :D
+1 :cool:
kungfuvsgunfuch3.gif

ScottyT

imported post

If I am awake, I have my .45 on my hip. When I am in bed it is locked and loaded in my underwear drawer 18 inches from my head (no kids of course).

Saint

imported post

Came home on friday night last week at about 2:30 AM to find a cop car in my driveway. I entered my home with my glock holstered, ready for trouble. My mom was up with a an Ada County sherriff dusting her car for fingerprints.

Apparently my mom witnessed at least two (maybe a third?) males break into her car that was parked in the driveway. They got away with about $100 worth of stuff. From talking to the cop he said that 2 similar incidents had been reported in the same area that night.

Note that I live in Eagle. This is not what is traditionaly considered a 'bad part' of town in anyway. Yet all of these incident reports were happening between midnight and 2 am. Very brazen, potentially dangerous.

Just one more reason to carry 100% of the time

imported post

Saint wrote:
Came home on friday night last week at about 2:30 AM to find a cop car in my driveway. I entered my home with my glock holstered, ready for trouble. My mom was up with a an Ada County sherriff dusting her car for fingerprints.

Apparently my mom witnessed at least two (maybe a third?) males break into her car that was parked in the driveway. They got away with about $100 worth of stuff. From talking to the cop he said that 2 similar incidents had been reported in the same area that night.

Note that I live in Eagle. This is not what is traditionaly considered a 'bad part' of town in anyway. Yet all of these incident reports were happening between midnight and 2 am. Very brazen, potentially dangerous.

Just one more reason to carry 100% of the time
Hopefully you or one of us will have Better luck next time.:celebrate