• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who are OUR candidates?

Custodian

imported post

Who are the pro-gun, open carry, castle doctrine, stand-your-ground (i.e. Anti-Brady) law making political candidates for North Carolina this election year? We need to get rid of these antis now! And who is GRNC endorsing? We need to get the ball rolling and throw out these carpetbaggers in Cary, Clayton and Chapel Hill, and they need to move back to wherever they came from! I want a candidate who has a NCCHP (shows he had to take the class or at least make it look like he did) but open carries, hey it can happen, can't it?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Why does he need to hold a CHP? Some believe that asking for permission and paying the government to exercise your rights is a bad thing. I think I'd rather have someone that thinks CHPs are ridiculous and that everyone should be able to carry however and wherever they want :D.

Custodian

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Why does he need to hold a CHP? Some believe that asking for permission and paying the government to exercise your rights is a bad thing. I think I'd rather have someone that thinks CHPs are ridiculous and that everyone should be able to carry however and wherever they want :D.

Shows he was willing to sit through a class and learn some laws like the rest of us the way we have to do it. However, I respect your opinion on CHP being government sanctioned. (however, I don't see the NC Constitution being amended on that one) My job requires it to bring a weapon on state property (even though thats not mentioned in the Constitution, either), no exceptions on that one even though I find it suspect. Not to mention, living in Durham, it takes a lot of references and time to get gun permits, however, I was CCing today (cause it was cold and raining, I OC'ed on my first day of buying after some range time getting to know my sweet M&P 40) and none of the businesses I went to (office supply stores, big box stores, didn't have a single no firearms posting on any of the businesses. Pretty sweet.

Ok DreQo, I got off on a tangent, how about candidate who open carries and puts together some "Citizen's defense laws? Or simply states our rights (as defined by case law or by there not being a law against it and that there doesn't need to be one either) to the press, the AG, the Gov and their Lt. and all LEO agencies, putting them on notice once and for all. The government puts out silly pamphlets all the time, why not one that clarifies everything to LEO agencies and the AG?

Finally, why not a candidate you can go to the range with? Just you, some friends, his bodyguards, a couple of high rankin' brass cops and him just jawing and knocking down targets of Osama and his AK. Or just shooting copies of Handgun Control pamphlets. That'd be sweet.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol yeah, that's be nice. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the correct politicians here. I've been back and forth between states for the past year so I don't know where I'm gonna settle lol.

I would like to hear if anyone knows something about the current political leaders in state, as the original post asked...

burninsteeda04

imported post

Well fred smith seems to be a good canidate im sure he doesnt oc but hes prob the best canidate out there to get us a castle doctrine and able to carry in bars and reasturants ect and taking away that stupid any place that charges admision.

yonder

imported post

At the federal level, BJ Lawson is trying to send Congressman David Price home looking for a new job. He's what some would call a "Ron Paul Republican".

Custodian

imported post

I want a candidate that could overturn, "Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public". Because how is a gun an "unusual weapon and dangerous weapon"? So unusual that all lawyers, judges, police officers, state correctional/probation/parole officers, sheriff and his deputies (deputies and detention officers), federal agents and their police, intelligence agencies, tax offices, revenue agencies, alcohol law enforcement, state troopers, secret service, bodyguards, special deputies, and private company/special police, armed security, and all U.S. (and worldwide) military branches and average joe citizen use them. They are just so uncommon. Hardly ever see one, they've been totally obscured by myth and legend.I'm told they breathe fire and iron when made angry by their possessor!
Okay, it's a tool, yes a dangerous one, but so are band and miter saws and they keep those in high school shop classes. I mean couldn't you get hit with this charge if you were recklessly driving? By their definition couldn't a motor vehicle be a "unusual and dangerous weapon"? And if a firearm is an unusual weapon what by their definition is a typical weapon? And where can I get one? And do I need a permit? Does the local Sheriff regulate those?
I mean if fear alone by some yo-yo sheeple on the street is enough to be charged with this crime, if I used my fist to scare someone, couldn't I by charged with a crime under this law? I mean c'mon balling you fingers tightly into your palm just reeks of an unusual weapon, doesn't it? Man I don't know if people can just go around doing that let alone accomplish that feat without some serious training and hard work. Yep I could be carried away under this law, stopping my car, exiting my vehicle on a U.S or N.C. Interstate highway or bi-way and just started shaking (or pumping, I mean at 75 mph who can tell the difference anyways?) my fist at cars as they whiz by. And I'm not going to mention sporting goods equipment. Nope not going there and you can't make me, either.

Yeah, I know, I Aim High (I was an AFJROTC cadet).

burninsteeda04

imported post

1st off you have to have to meet all 4 requirements to be charged with this bs law

A person must
(1) arm himself with any unusual and dangerous weapon,- ie gun

(2) for the purpose of terrifying others,

*your using your weapon intentionally to terrify people doing sumthing really stupid and pointing it and probably talking to ur self like a crazy man

(3) go about on public highways In your car whee

(4) in a manner to cause terror to others.

*doing sumthing really stupid and pointing it and probably talking to ur self like a crazy man

A person can always be charged with anything,that's the price we pay for living in a law and order society, ifa chargesticks is another matter.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

burninsteeda04 wrote:
*doing sumthing really stupid and pointing it and probably talking to ur self like a crazy man
Is this your personal interpretation of the law?

burninsteeda04

imported post

yeh imho from my interpretations of earlyer comments by you i figured that i should share the information

Carolina40

imported post

who is running for office here in NC who has spoken out against the "restaurant ban"?

burninsteeda04

imported post

All I can say is that Fred Smith Has an A+ rating from NRA. So that is a positive for the most part.

USNRCorpsman

imported post

Custodian wrote:
I want a candidate that could overturn, "Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public"
Thisone has been around for close to 700 years so I don't think that where will be much of a move to repeal it