• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5.11 Tactical

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

Hey... not really an open carry question, but does anyone use any of the 5.11 brand concealment clothes? Do they work well? I would greatly appreciate anyinput that anyone has on the line!

~SFC Adams

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Be more specific about what pieces of clothing. Their holster shirts work very well. I have two and use them regularly. I also picked up a 5.11 Blazer for like $10 on clearance. It has a compartment that holds a velcro mounted holster. I thought it would be great!, but the weight and size of even a small handgun (I tried my PPK/s and my P3AT) causes the jacket to sag, swing, and bulge. It's worthless for carrying in that matter, all thought it does make a decent blazer. I would strongly suggest you carry somewhere on yourbody, vice in your clothing. From what I've read, people have had similar problems with their vests.

I also have a pair of 5.11 khakis that I usually only wear at the range or when hiking/camping. They're well constructed, have taken a whole lot of abuse, and the pockets are numerous and well placed. The Belt loops are also wide and strong. Belt travel is much less compared to while wearing jeans.

FightingGlock made a good point, though. A pair of 5.11 pants and a vest screams concealed handgun.

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

I was talking more of like the "Covert Casual Shirt", "Covert Khaki Pants", and the "Denim Jeans (that have pockets for spare mags and a BUG)" that they have. I know that any kind of actual "Tactical" looking clothes scream "HEY I'M CARRYING!" lol

thanks guys!

~SFC Adams

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

SFCAdamsYG wrote:
I was talking more of like the "Covert Casual Shirt", "Covert Khaki Pants", and the "Denim Jeans (that have pockets for spare mags and a BUG)" that they have. I know that any kind of actual "Tactical" looking clothes scream "HEY I'M CARRYING!" lol

thanks guys!

~SFC Adams
Well if you can find them cheaper than the 5.11 website, they may be worth it, but $50 for a short sleeved button up shirt is ridiculous, extra pockets or not. Just remember that anything heavy and bulky (like cellphones and magazines) will be heavy and bulky when you put them in your pockets. If you can find a store around you that sells 5.11 gear, I'd suggest you go there and try the stuff on with your gear.

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

Thank you all for your help, I do plan on checking some of them out when I get a chance I live close to the Atlantic Tactical HQ in New Cumberland, PA so I was gonna check some of that out. I'm going on Vaca. to Tennessee here soon and some of the people that we are going with don't like firearms so to be polite I am going to conceal through the whole trip, I don't really want to, but hey its a compromise, lol.

SFC Adams