• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Super Wal-Mart

sehiser

imported post

Stopped off at Wal-Mart to buy up all their 40 cal rounds and noticed they finally have no firearms allowed signs. They don't have the "image" we'd expect to see so I'm not sure how legit it is. But the signs are new.

By the way, Ammo prices are supposed to be rising in the next week or two, which prompted me to stock pile.

Just thought I would spread the word since I remember seeing somebody post that they OC'd in Super Wal-Marts before. Looks like they had a change of heart.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

sehiser wrote:
Stopped off at Wal-Mart to buy up all their 40 cal rounds and noticed they finally have no firearms allowed signs. They don't have the "image" we'd expect to see so I'm not sure how legit it is. But the signs are new.

By the way, Ammo prices are supposed to be rising in the next week or two, which prompted me to stock pile.

Just thought I would spread the word since I remember seeing somebody post that they OC'd in Super Wal-Marts before. Looks like they had a change of heart.
Well you don't identify the store - a store number would help, and a photo; but in Ohio isn't carry in WalMarts selling alcohol illegal already? If so, maybe the sign is trying to HELP people.

sehiser

imported post

No idea on the store number. Being it's here in Toledo and Wal-Mart makes policies by the state, I'd have to assume all Ohio Super Wal-Mart's now have this policy.

I'm just sharing the info, one of the many purposes of the internet. I know a few people in Ohio do OC in Super Wal-Marts so this may perk some discussion.

I'm sure it relates to legal interpretation of "dispense alcohol" in their decision to ban firearms.

reefteach

imported post

Mike wrote:

Well you don't identify the store - a store number would help, and a photo; but in Ohio isn't carry in WalMarts selling alcohol illegal already? If so, maybe the sign is trying to HELP people.

Only if it is deing dispensed:

2923.121 Possession of firearm in liquor permit premises - prohibition, exceptions.

(A) No person shall possess a firearm in any room in which liquor is being dispensed in premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued.
From the AG concealed handgun handbook:

[align=left]Premises that dispense liquor. Concealed firearms are also banned
[/align]
[align=left]in a room or arena in which liquor is dispensed for which a class D[/align]
[align=left]permit has been issued. A class D permit is generally issued to an[/align]
[align=left]establishment that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. Be[/align]
[align=left]certain of the type of permit and whether liquor is being dispensed[/align]
[align=left]before you enter with a concealed handgun[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]
The sign you saw was, in my opinion, a sign required by the state liquor board that has something to do with using a firearm to rob a liquor store. If it is the sign I am thinking of, it has nothing to do with the lawful possesion of firearms. Please let us know the wording.

sehiser

imported post

No problem, I'll check it out and get a picture if I can. It did have a seal on it, and like I mentioned, it did not have a NO GUNS image I'm used to seeing.

I'm 95% sure you're correct.

v8shoguy

imported post

I talked to a Super Walmart manager where I live currently (OH) about a "no firearms" sign that they had posted. It was a response to an incident they had, and gave them some sort of legal recourse to remove this man from their property if the incident happened again. He was Pro-2A and the sign was down shortly thereafter. :)