• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Navy Federal Credit Unions

MSC 45ACP

This one is posted now...

I never saw a sign at the NFCU Branch by NOB on Hampton Blvd for the 6 years I lived in VA. Then again, I didn't look either.;) I also carried mostly CCW while I lived in VA. Also, not that it really matters, butthere always was a Police Officer at the same branch when I went in to conduct my business.

Hampton Blvd by NOB is now posted with a Ghostbusters sign. I was CCing when I first went there a couple months ago and saw the sign. I saw the Norfolk PD cop by the door and then I acted like I had forgotten something in my car. Left both pistols there and went in. I have to do business with them because i got my car loan through them because they had the best rates when I got it.

The new NFCU branch next to Quaker Steak and Lube in Newport News is also posted. I REALLY don't like their impersonal system. The tellers are behind an ATM machine of some sort and you do your business without seeing them in person. You only see a camera image of them. I complained about that silliness to the front counter person. She said they were probably going to do away with it.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
sent..
nfcu.jpg

FretlessMayhem

NFCU by Greenbrier Mall

The NFCU by Greenbrier Mall, on Eden Way is now posted. Ghostbusters style sign. I was on my way in to deposit a check a couple of days ago and made an abrupt U turn.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to leave and open a checking account with Chartway momentarily! NFCU obviously no longer desires my business.

ocholsteroc

The NFCU by Greenbrier Mall, on Eden Way is now posted. Ghostbusters style sign. I was on my way in to deposit a check a couple of days ago and made an abrupt U turn.

As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to leave and open a checking account with Chartway momentarily! NFCU obviously no longer desires my business.

Does Chartway allow OC in their banks?

justin0829

The Navy Fed off of Military Hwy off the 64 exit has ghostbuster signs for guns, hats/hoods/ and sunglasses...... I noticed this quite some time ago, I have been to a few other branches with out any signs, however. I was disturbed by the guns sign, but disturbed quickly gave way to something more intense when I was forced to remove my GA Bulldog hat (which I am ALWAYS wearing). The gun sign, while very irritating, I kind of expected, after all your average ignorant citizen would assume it was completely illegal to carry into a bank anywhere. :banghead: But to basically be told that I MUST remove my friggin hat and sunglasses (if I had any on) also really got to me. :mad: Maybe we should start a petition letter through here and VCDL and other groups and send THAT to their account manager/president. Anyone capable/willing to start this?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
. I have to do business with them because i got my car loan through them because they had the best rates when I got it.

But do you have to go in? Most banks and credit unions have drive-through, bank-by-mail, and online banking options.

Mr H

That's the branch my eldest used to frequent before he moved.

I'll be mentioning this to both the sons, and suggesting they move to either USAA or another CU.

mark-in-texas

Not related to the OP or OC/CC but just my $0.02.....

Teller lady; "Sir, please remove your hat."

Me; "You're not my Mother!! Mind you own damn business!"

Lolcanoe

I haven't been to my Bank of America recently, but if it's posted, I'll have to open a new account through the drive through window. I just don't like the idea of disarming to make someone "feel" better when dealing with my money.

I think I should start saving up bottle caps too the way things are going anyways.

Mr H

Are you and the sons gonna mention it to NFCU?

Good point.

I don't have any business with them, myself... but I can roll up an email, for what good it might do.

When I mention it to them, I will certainly advise them to make mention to the powers that be.

Table

Newtown @ 264 exit

Yesterday, I asked the receptionist at the NCFU on Newtown at the 264 exit about how no sun glasses, no hat/hood was for my safety. She said that if someone walked in and when asked to take off the glasses and hat, they refused, they might be a bankrobber and she could warn everybody in the bank. I am not making this up.

She gave me a 1-800 number to call and complain to security about corporate policy. Oh, she said that the policy didn't apply to Active Duty and LEO. Hmmm, not many run of the mill Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines carry in CONUS... She said I would be OK to carry because "you are with the police, right?"