What: Open Carry Walk.
When: Two days before Patriots' Day - Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Rally time is 10:00 AM.
Where: Urbana, Ohio. Rally point is the parking lot next to the fire station located at 107 E. Market St. This fire station is adjacent to the Municipal Court building (SE corner of S. Main and Market). Here are the coordinates (copy and paste into Google maps):
Why: To celebrate our liberties.
Duration: 1 to 2 hours.
Walk Route: TBD.
Additional Info: This is a walk to celebrate our liberties, particularly our right to keep and bear arms. Participants are welcome to carry concealed (license required) or openly in a holster (no license required). The organizers will have handouts for curious citizens. Please feel free to also bring your own handouts. In addition, we are in the process of informing the Urbana PD and Champaign County SO of our walk.
Contact Info: Tom (937-869-8095, email@example.com) or Michael (937-663-0783, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Rules During the Walk:
1. You will obey all laws.
2. Unless your life is threatened, you will not remove your handgun from your holster for any reason during the walk. This means no "playing with," "handling," or "showing off" your handgun during the walk. Keep it in the holster.
3. You can also open carry a long gun as long as it isn't loaded.
4. You will be peaceful and civil at all times.
5. You will obey all lawful commands from peace officers.
6. Whether you know it or not, your actions and words will reflect negatively or positively on all gun owners, so choose them wisely during the walk.
7. Treat curious citizens with courtesy and respect. Even those that have an opposing viewpoint. While it's certainly acceptable for you to stick up for your rights, we also ask that you do it in the most civil manner possible, regardless of how the "other side" may act. In other words, leave the macho attitude & loud rhetoric at home.
We'll likely get lunch at a local establishment. After lunch, participants are welcome to come over to my place for some shooting. (I live approx. 20 minutes west of Urbana on 15 acres and have a small range.)