Thread: Add another to the OC list..

Post imported post

I OC'd tonight. I wasn't out long, around 30min. I went to the local safeway and did some grocery shopping. For the most part nobody noticed, the few who did I could spot as their eyes looked similar to :what:. I was nervous at first but settled down pretty quick.

*edit* I did this at safeway in livermore

State Researcher

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad your first trip out was nice and quiet. That's how it will go 99% of the time, if my experience is any indication.

Keep it up, and be safe. Also, if you haven't heard already, we're planning a little get-together in Sacramento in a couple weeks. If you're interested you're welcome to join.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

I saw the luncheon poll and I did vote in it. Sac is a bit far but I'm willing to make the trip.

Post imported post

Congratulations. Livermore/Alameda Countyhas a new second amendment son.

I hope you were carrying a recorder as well as some form of open carry literature, just in case.

As for being nervous, Id say that is perfectly natural- if you werent a little on edge, I'd think there was something wrong. To a certain degree, that nervousness shouldnt go away- it keeps you alert to your surroundings and situationally aware... that is condition 'yellow'.

Now I wonder if we could garner a participant from San Francisco County--:P
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

April 11th - I did a little shopping at the local walmart. The store had a good amount of people in it and I was there for a little over an hour. While I was in line to check out an old woman got behind me. I was putting my bags in the cart when I hear someone say "is that a gun?", it was the old woman. I heard the fear in her voice while asking and my friends said her face expressed it also. I turned around, looked at her and responded "yes, m'am" and went on my way.

Post imported post

Roy wrote:
    April 11th - I did a little shopping at the local walmart. The store had a good amount of people in it and I was there for a little over an hour. While I was in line to check out an old woman got behind me. I was putting my bags in the cart when I hear someone say "is that a gun?", it was the old woman. I heard the fear in her voice while asking and my friends said her face expressed it also. I turned around, looked at her and responded "yes, m'am" and went on my way.
    A little more explanation or comfort might have been offered as we are all OC ambassadors ultimately whether or not we want to be. Something like don't worry m'am everything is legal as the state requires me to openly carry, etc...or I carry make sure my fellow Americans are free and safe... Good to hear otherwise it was another uneventful outing.