• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Add another to the OC list..

Roy

imported post

I OC'd tonight. I wasn't out long, around 30min. I went to the local safeway and did some grocery shopping. For the most part nobody noticed, the few who did I could spot as their eyes looked similar to :what:. I was nervous at first but settled down pretty quick.

*edit* I did this at safeway in livermore

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad your first trip out was nice and quiet. That's how it will go 99% of the time, if my experience is any indication.

Keep it up, and be safe. Also, if you haven't heard already, we're planning a little get-together in Sacramento in a couple weeks. If you're interested you're welcome to join.

Roy

imported post

I saw the luncheon poll and I did vote in it. Sac is a bit far but I'm willing to make the trip.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Congratulations. Livermore/Alameda Countyhas a new second amendment son.

I hope you were carrying a recorder as well as some form of open carry literature, just in case.

As for being nervous, Id say that is perfectly natural- if you werent a little on edge, I'd think there was something wrong. To a certain degree, that nervousness shouldnt go away- it keeps you alert to your surroundings and situationally aware... that is condition 'yellow'.

Now I wonder if we could garner a participant from San Francisco County--:p

Roy

imported post

April 11th - I did a little shopping at the local walmart. The store had a good amount of people in it and I was there for a little over an hour. While I was in line to check out an old woman got behind me. I was putting my bags in the cart when I hear someone say "is that a gun?", it was the old woman. I heard the fear in her voice while asking and my friends said her face expressed it also. I turned around, looked at her and responded "yes, m'am" and went on my way.

cato

imported post

Roy wrote:
April 11th - I did a little shopping at the local walmart. The store had a good amount of people in it and I was there for a little over an hour. While I was in line to check out an old woman got behind me. I was putting my bags in the cart when I hear someone say "is that a gun?", it was the old woman. I heard the fear in her voice while asking and my friends said her face expressed it also. I turned around, looked at her and responded "yes, m'am" and went on my way.
A little more explanation or comfort might have been offered as we are all OC ambassadors ultimately whether or not we want to be. Something like don't worry m'am everything is legal as the state requires me to openly carry, etc...or I carry make sure my fellow Americans are free and safe... Good to hear otherwise it was another uneventful outing.