• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weaponlight Holsters

PFC Helms

imported post

I am looking for a new Light Bearing holster I have a Glock 22 and a Streamlight TLR-2 I really like the serpa's but i want one that will accomidate my weaponlight and not have to go out and buy a new one any suggestions

Helms, Thomas S

PFC

1/149th BSTB

U.S. Army

expvideo

imported post

The only serpa that will work is the one that works with the blackhawk tactical light. So if you want a serpa, you have to buy the blackhawk serpa tactical light to go with it.

Fortunately for you, they only make it for glocks at the moment.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Safariland makes quite a few holster designed to accommodate tactical lights. Most of them are leather thumb break style, but they also have an ALS holster as well. The ALS similar to the Serpa design, in that a mechanism locks the handgun into the holster and requires a simple push of a button to draw. The difference is that the ALS locks onto the ejection port, and is bypassed by pressing down with the thumb as you pull with your fingers to draw. It is a very natural motion, and the whole system is superior to the Serpas IMHO.

23-0790_s.jpg
Notice the SLS hood (looks like a thumb strap) and guard. Both of these can be removed (or you can just order the holster w/o them). If you're lucky enough to have a Safariland dealer around, go check them out. I ordered one blindly off the internet, but have been nothing but impressed with it. I personally carry a standard ALS model with no SLS hood or guard.