• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When on this sin cursed planet did this happen

pipeman

imported post

sounds like a good......great idea. Now we just have to find a restaurant around here that doesn't serve alcohol, and doesn't mind us carrying, and some more people to come.

burninsteeda04

imported post

I will gladly join up to get some food and enjoy my time in a safe enviorment. Let me know when and where. I would say could it be after the 25 of april just because i am in cooollloge tryuing to getz my educatiozn ans stuff.

acritical

imported post

This sounds like something that we have been trying to organize for awhile and everyone seems interested, but we can never get it out of the planning phase.

The main reason seems to be is because NC, is basically three large regions. We have the coastal region that goes up to 95 and Rocky Mount/Wilson/Greenville area. Then we have central NC (Triangle, Smithfield, Fayetteville area. Finally the Western Region which would encompass the mountains, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Greensboro area.

We can never get enough numbers in each region for a local gathering. I think if we get regional meetings (lunches, dinners) started or event community events, and get enough people to show up each time or just repeatedly, we could actually start a good thing.

I just do not think we could feasibly do it at a State level at this point. However, with enough "members" we could possibly start a State charter that could meet twice a year for a gathering of some type.

Also, it would be good that the goal is not to just get people used to seeing law abiding citizens with firearms, but we should also be affective to the community in the end.

What do you guys think? Am I way off here?

burninsteeda04

imported post

No my friend you are right on. I think we need to find a region that we can all meet at some where middle of the state like Greensboro area it seems middle of the state I am all the way in Sylva nc right now. So this is a difficult one so we need to do a post on this. once we establish a group consensus. also need a restaurants that will allow us to do this. All people attention name locations that would be feasible to eat at without dealing with alot of bs.

yonder

imported post

we need to start some metro area threads rather than state-wide and then it will come together

Once I have my CHP so I can get from one place to another on my motorcycle, I'll be able to OC beyond my neighborhood. Sheriff has had my paperwork and fingerprints for a few weeks so I ought to have it soon.

yonder

imported post

My riding armor would cover my holster, effectively rendering the pistol concealed.

I'm one of the few motorcyclists that actually wears protective gear.