• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carried with a thigh rig this weekend..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Nothing. Yep, nothing happened. I was wearing jeans, a light weight black sweater, and a Safariland thigh holster on a nylon duty belt. I didn't feel like wearing a belt and threading the holster and everything else that day, and since I was going to take my gear off when I got to my buddy's house to drink, the thigh rig was a lot more practical. 3 buckles and it's completely off.

I went to Wendy's and ate lunch. Went to food lion to get groceries. Went into the gas station to get some drinks while the g/f pumped gas. I received less funny looks then I've seen while wearing a belt holster. One off-duty Marine gave the holster a very wide-eyed look, but then glanced up at my face and shrugged his shoulders. Itlooked like he was thinking "oh, well I guess he's allowed to do that..huh."

Anyway I'm sure I'll end up using my thigh rig from time to time, and I will post in this thread EVERY time I do, just to show the critics that people don't run in terror and call the cops :D.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

tes151 wrote:
Seems kinda like something a mall ninja would wear in public ( not at the range ). But hey, to each his own. :?

Why? It's just a holster, after all. It was hanging out from under my sweater, so really all you could see is the holster onmy leg, as apposed to a holster on my belt. I wasn't wearing 5.11 tac pants or combat boots or a "shoot me first" vest, lol.

Anyway the biggest difference is that mall ninja's are trying to look cool. They care what other people think. I, on the other hand, don't give a rats patootie :p. Well actually, I do, but I care to the point that I don't want to bring discredit upon my fellow open carriers. That's about it lol.

Michigander

imported post

The holster I carry my CZ in is a modified revolver holster which I would call a cavalry type rig. It's just about as low as a thigh rig would be. No leg strap, but it's pretty puch the same. No problems to report from me. It's just nice not to have to worry about accidentally concealing with a coat.