• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One World Order?

pipeman

imported post

sssuuuuurrrrrree, this could work.....as soon as they swear an oath to protect our constitution and civil liberties. AND ARE TOLD THEY WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT IF THEY DON'T!

LEO 229

imported post

I am a little confused... (Not unusual, right)

Why do we need the Canadian militaryto respond here for emergencies? What emergencies are we expected to have that we cannot handle?

This really makes me uncomfortable.

The idea that a foreign army could be allowed to operate on our soil and tell the American people what to do just seems so wrong. We should be in a position to fight any foreign army that tries to invade us and they can come here legally.

I just cannot see any justification at all.

pipeman

imported post

Why would we even need an army from another country inside our borders? Let's see here .........approximately 85 million gun owners in America, one of the worlds most powerful militarys, no thanks I don't think we need any help. Anyone in this country who wouldn't take up arms to defend it shouldn't be here to begin with, let alone an army from another country. If we were at war on our own soil and I see a uniform not belonging to an American, I'm puttin' holes in it.

Michigander

imported post

It's pretty simple. If they abide by all the rules of the US, I don't know of a law they'd be violating.

For the most part, if they unlawfully tried to arrest you, (or maybe try to make you go to a stadium after disarming you) you could kill them. It's irrelivant if they have a sworn oath to abide by our laws, the supreme court, as well as other courts, have established that we have an absolute right to self defense, including to protect ourselves from rogue government agents. The funny thing about government agents is that they are armed, and if they knowingly deprive you of your rights, and you resist, or intervene to help someone else who is being harmed, the escalation of force becomes very quickly justifiable. It's well worth looking into the specifics of court rulings involving resisting unlawful arrest if you're worried about this.

I am anti bush, but I am not anti cop, or anti canadian military. I am not especially worried. If there was some reason for the canadian military to overthrow civilian law enforcement agencies, I'm sure we'd have some other concerns on our hands. The only thing that could cause that would be something like a nuke or bio attack, or maybe a complete downfall of the US dollar that leads to a lot of rioting.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is a very dangerous precedent they are setting here. I find it hard to believe that it is being done under other than sinister reasons; especially when considering the all out assault on Rights over the past few years. I truly hope that many in the position of authority are American enough to not just do as they are told.

Flintlock

imported post

A foreign military force may not even be necessary, since most states have their own State Guard (not to be confused with National Guard) that draws its membership from the people within the state and functions as the State’s own military unit outside of the realm and authority of the National Guard system. In Maine, the establishment of the Maine State Guard is found at Maine Revised Statutes, Title 37-B sec. 221-225. Since the governors of most states are already authorized to activate their own states’ guard units for emergencies, the agreement by the Feds to use foreign military forces must have some other ulterior motive.

[align=justify]“If the establishment was really supportive of protecting U.S. national sovereignty, why on earth would they allow USNORTHCOM to establish an agreement with Canada that allows their military to support our military during civil emergencies?” queried independent journalist, Lee Rogers. “Clearly the U.S. government is ratcheting up their plans for martial law and using the phony threat of homegrown terrorism as an excuse to implement their militarized police state agenda.”[/align]
There has been a thread or two talking about this "partnership" of sorts and it gets more disturbing as tid-bits of additional information flows in about this atrocity.

expvideo

imported post

However, even before we give our own soldiers or police a gun, they have to swear an oath of allegiance to the United States and to preserve and protect the U.S. Constitution. The Canadian soldiers, benevolent though they may be, have sworn no oath of allegiance or sworn to protect and defend our Constitution - nor should we expect them to.
:what:

Let me put this as simply as possible... As a US citizen, I am authorized to use whatever force is necessary to resist an unlawful arrest, and especially in the case of a foreign military, I will do just that.

ATTN Canadian Soldiers: Get the f*** out of my country!

Michigander

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Any American that signsthis is in my opinon a TRAITOR to America and should be tried for the crime of High Treason.

America is dying...

America seems to be getting more united.:cuss:

But the US is in trouble. I think to fix the US you'd have to get to the roots of the problem, like poor education, and nominating and electing such dolts into office. Basically the total apathy that has taken over our country needs tp be remidied.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Holy c$#@. What are these people thinking? I'm ashamed a military officer was a party to this. Where's the money flow here? What eventual goal would someone have to espouse to provide for an invitation of a foreign military onto US soil?

Michigander

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
What eventual goal would someone have to espouse to provide for an invitation of a foreign military onto US soil?

Use your immagination. "Terrorism" that results in a dramatic restructuring of the US, a new plague that wipes out a bunch of people, the development of the North American Union that a lot of people are getting pretty worried about, things like that.

I will again say that I am not very worried about this. Any situation where this strategy was used would either mean a massive amount of death, or a full blown civil war. It's possible, but not very likely, and I'm as ready for such things as I can be anyway.

Flintlock

imported post

Michigander wrote:
But the US is in trouble. I think to fix the US you'd have to get to the roots of the problem, like poor education, and nominating and electing such dolts into office. Basically the total apathy that has taken over our country needs tp be remidied.
I find it hard to understand how that is ever going to happen as long as we continue along the path of a two-party system and encouragean ignorantelectorate to castvotesindirectly for President of the US by choosing only between the two.

LEO 229

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Wolverines !
Good movie...

That could very well happen here. Many would not approve of an "invading" force.