• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater April OC Dinner

C

ccloud43

imported post

Lets get some ideas kicking around for April.

Someone suggested at the last dinner to go to either Applebees or Chili's (where ever DesertDoc is working) and have dinner there.

Thundar

imported post

danbus wrote:
Anyone like sushi?
That is great for me, I love Sushi. I would suggest that the restaurant also have a hibachi grill so that those without a desire for raw fish and seaweed can have cooked steak or chicken.

danbus

imported post

Thundar wrote:
danbus wrote:
Anyone like sushi?
That is great for me, I love Sushi. I would suggest that the restaurant also have a hibachi grill so that those without a desire for raw fish and seaweed can have cooked steak or chicken.

There is such a place in Hampton. Next to the Bank of America on Coliseum Dr, is Tokyo Sushi and Hibachi grill.

I've OC'd there few times with no problems.

Bubba Ron

imported post

There is a fantastic place called "Kanpai" that is in the next strip mall up from the Village Inn. It's not real big and we might be split up a little but it's supposed to be the best in town. I can contact them and see if they can handle a group our size.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
There is a fantastic place called "Kanpai" that is in the next strip mall up from the Village Inn. It's not real big and we might be split up a little but it's supposed to be the best in town. I can contact them and see if they can handle a group our size.

OK - I just contacted them and they said they can handle a group of 15 to 20 !!!! I suggest next Tuesday the 8th at 7:00 pm. Here's the address:

Kanpai Sushi Restaurant

371 Independence Blvd.

Virginia Beach

757-499-4448

If most are agreeable to this I'll make the reservation.

Thundar

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
There's a place on Shore Drive called Shorebreaks. Lot's of huge tables. Also how about an open carry lunch?
Sounds like a new topic "Tidewater April OC Lunch"

I think that dinner can denote either the mid - day meal or the evening meal.

Lunch = mid-day, dinner = mid day or evening, supper = evening

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba,
Does this Kanpai place sell normal grub too? I ain't driving all the way to Va Beach to eat chum.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Thundar wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
There's a place on Shore Drive called Shorebreaks. Lot's of huge tables. Also how about an open carry lunch?
Sounds like a new topic "Tidewater April OC Lunch"

I think that dinner can denote either the mid - day meal or the evening meal.

Lunch = mid-day, dinner = mid day or evening, supper = evening
The only reason I suggested a second topic was so we don't get confused as to which one we're talking about. We have had confusion in the past with two dinners during the same month - which we do just about every month...

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Bubba,
Does this Kanpai place sell normal grub too? I ain't driving all the way to Va Beach to eat chum.
Yes - they do have some non-chum like food (steak, shrimp) for you land-lubbers ;), but I'm told they are primarily a sushi place.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Bullbuster wrote:
What do ya'll think about Joes Crab Shack next to Bass Pro? There is also one in downtown Norfolk in the Waterside district.
There was a post at the bottom end of the Tidewater March OC Dining Out thread (I just looked and it was you, Bullbuster) that wanted to visit Joes Crab Shack next to Bass Pro Shops in Hampton during the end of April (Saturday the 26th at 6:00 pm, I think). That's why we are trying to have next weeks dining out on this side of the river. Then JCS at the end of the month - we usually don't do weekends, and for driving considerations we usually start at 7:00 pm).

Bullbuster

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
Bullbuster wrote:
What do ya'll think about Joes Crab Shack next to Bass Pro? There is also one in downtown Norfolk in the Waterside district.
There was a post at the bottom end of the Tidewater March OC Dining Out thread (I just looked and it was you, Bullbuster) that wanted to visit Joes Crab Shack next to Bass Pro Shops in Hampton during the end of April (Saturday the 26th at 6:00 pm, I think). That's why we are trying to have next weeks dining out on this side of the river. Then JCS at the end of the month - we usually don't do weekends, and for driving considerations we usually start at 7:00 pm).
Gotcha. I'm game for any place aslong as the family schedule allows.