• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater April OC Dinner

Bubba Ron

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Two votes for Shorebreaks on Shore Drive.
By my count there are at least6 votes for Sushi: Danbus, vtme_grad98, Thundar, ccloud43 (actually 2 there), Jean & me, and possibly Dutch Uncle.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) :cool:

We'll get to Shorebreaks - a long drive for our Peninsula folks though....

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Two votes for Shorebreaks on Shore Drive.
By my count there are at least6 votes for Sushi: Danbus, vtme_grad98, Thundar, ccloud43 (actually 2 there), Jean & me, and possibly Dutch Uncle.

Please correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) :cool:

We'll get to Shorebreaks - a long drive for our Peninsula folks though....
Actually it's no farther than any other Beach location.

DocV

imported post

Kanpai was a regular stop when I was a geo-bachelor. It was very good. As far as I can tell my calendar is open. I look forward to meeting you folks in person.

Now...what to wear...:cool:

DocV

Bubba Ron

imported post

Looks like we have a majority, I'll contact Kanpai Sushi Restaurant at 371 Independence Blvd. in Virginia Beach (phone 757-499-4448) tomorrow and make the reservation for Tuesday, April 8th at 7:00 pm.

DocV, we dress casual but appropriately, jeans or slacks and a shirt. Most of us carry openly (or it would notbe an Open Carry Dining Out) but there is never a requirement to carry at all. Just join in and have fun!!

DocV

imported post

Thanks Bubba Ron.

That was a feeble attempt at humor as in " Oh dear me, what should I wear? Does that holster make me look fat? Will it clash with those shoes? Should I accessorize...."

:dude:

DocV

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba,
Are we going to Kanpai or Shorebreaks??? Am I missing something? (watch how you answer that!)

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Bubba,
Are we going to Kanpai or Shorebreaks??? Am I missing something? (watch how you answer that!)
Dutch - put your glasses back on buddy ;) Look up three posts and it should indicate Kanpai :shock: They do have regular food too....

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've collected a bunch of gun mags to send to Brian and his buddies in Afghanistan. If any of you have mags of any genre you think they'd like to read, bring them to the dinner. ("adult" mags not permitted)

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I've collected a bunch of gun mags to send to Brian and his buddies in Afghanistan. If any of you have mags of any genre you think they'd like to read, bring them to the dinner. ("adult" mags not permitted)
Another reason to bring the troops home. ("adult" mags not permitted)

Chkultr

imported post

You would be better off eating at the one in greenbrierthan waterside!So we are looking at the Shack next to bps the end of the month! I was a little late for tonights gathering but will be up for the next night out! PM to keep me updated please

Josh

Bubba Ron

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
Will be there, plus bringing another buddy!
We didn't see this post until we got home - it was great meeting you both. We had a super turnout and the food was fantastic!!! Now where was the guy who suggested Sushi in the first place? Danbus, did you wind up, UP?